Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:12 PM

24,527 posts, read 33,408,630 times

Advertisements

Hey sponger,

If you like illegal aliens so much, how many shall I send to your house? 30? 40? 50? They can have a "positive effect" on your household.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,086,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Hey sponger,

If you like illegal aliens so much, how many shall I send to your house? 30? 40? 50? They can have a "positive effect" on your household.
They probably could. I'm a huge slob and my tiny apartment is always a big mess, because I've got too much work to do and not enough hands to do it. I always cook too much food as well. And I've got an empty futon (or it will be if they clean the clothes off it). You could send me the same amount as have come to the US -- 5% of my place's population. That would be 1/10th of an illegal alien. Better round it up to 1, or just send them over to stay with us 1.5 days a week.

I'm too cheap to pay for a housecleaner though, so they'll have to settle for free room and board. Or I could pay them a % of my deposit when I move, since I won't get any of it back at this rate.

Then again, I don't want to get fined or go to jail, so how about we pass an immigration reform that allows them to pay a fine, become legal, and lets them find a job at least at minimum wage instead of the BS of working for room and board or some pittance. I won't be able to afford them, but that's okay. I can live with a dirty apartment.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
They probably could. I'm a huge slob and my tiny apartment is always a big mess, because I've got too much work to do and not enough hands to do it. I always cook too much food as well. And I've got an empty futon (or it will be if they clean the clothes off it). You could send me the same amount as have come to the US -- 5% of my place's population. That would be 1/10th of an illegal alien. Better round it up to 1, or just send them over to stay with us 1.5 days a week.

I'm too cheap to pay for a housecleaner though, so they'll have to settle for free room and board. Or I could pay them a % of my deposit when I move, since I won't get any of it back at this rate.

Then again, I don't want to get fined or go to jail, so how about we pass an immigration reform that allows them to pay a fine, become legal, and lets them find a job at least at minimum wage instead of the BS of working for room and board or some pittance. I won't be able to afford them, but that's okay. I can live with a dirty apartment.
Okay, send me your address and I'll go down to Van Nuys or Pacoima and send them right over!

Immigration reform=enforcing the laws we already have. The U.S. government, under President Eisenhower, secured the border in 1956. They did it then; we can do it now. And we should because we are being invaded and illegal aliens cost the state of California alone $5+ billion per year.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:23 PM

522 posts, read 1,796,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinoeye View Post
Thank you.
But I want to complain!

I was not treated bad at all, but living the American dream.
I was expecting worse, being from Serbia, after all tha bad media reputation in last 15 years.
WHAT? The MEDIA misrepresenting the facts? The MEDIA saying America is a big bad horrible place? It can't be true! The disservice most media outlets do the US is appalling. You ought to forward a story of your own to the media outlets that misrepresented things to set them straight. How would a story about a successful Serbian immigrant living the dream in America play in European newspapers and TV?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Okay, send me your address and I'll go down to Van Nuys or Pacoima and send them right over!

Immigration reform=enforcing the laws we already have. The U.S. government, under President Eisenhower, secured the border in 1956. They did it then; we can do it now. And we should because we are being invaded and illegal aliens cost the state of California alone $5+ billion per year.
No need. I can just walk on down and get them myself. But I can't pay enough, so they wouldn't agree to work for me, anyway.

The laws we already have don't allow immigration in the right numbers or for the right reasons. We should reform them, and enforce those laws.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
No need. I can just walk on down and get them myself. But I can't pay enough, so they wouldn't agree to work for me, anyway.
But you can allow them to camp out in your front or back yard for free. Don't you want to "help" them? Don't you "care" about them?

Quote:
The laws we already have don't allow immigration in the right numbers or for the right reasons. We should reform them, and enforce those laws.
I'm not talking about immigration, I'm talking about illegal aliens.
And, FYI, the U.S. accepts more immigrants than any other country in the world.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
But you can allow them to camp out in your front or back yard for free. Don't you want to "help" them? Don't you "care" about them?
There is no yard. They are welcome to camp out on the sidewalk out front or the doorstep, if they want to kick out the homeless guy who sometimes sleeps there.

I'd like to help them, but I don't need their services enough to pay for them. Other people do, though. I'd rather help them by convincing my legislators to allow them a way to become legal residents and find honest above-board work, pay taxes, and afford their own place. That would be a more desirable situation for everyone than what you have proposed.

Quote:
I'm not talking about immigration, I'm talking about illegal aliens.
I'm talking about reforming immigration so there won't be any illegal aliens. Illegal aliens are immigrants who crossed the border illegally.

If you want to talk about the immigration and illegal aliens as separate and unrelated topics, you have a very poor grasp of the situation.

Quote:
And, FYI, the U.S. accepts more immigrants than any other country in the world.
True, but the US accepts fewer immigrants in terms of as a % of the US population than dozens of other countries worldwide.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,300,746 times
Comparisons are irrelevant. Too many immigrants stretch the capacity of the land.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 PM

131 posts, read 649,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinoeye View Post
Hey I'm legal.
And form Serbia too!

WELCOME!

Old 08-25-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
There is no yard. They are welcome to camp out on the sidewalk out front or the doorstep, if they want to kick out the homeless guy who sometimes sleeps there.
Yeah, sure. I you actually saw a bunch of illegal aliens on your sidewalk or on the doorstep, you be on the phone to the police within 3 minutes!

Quote:
I'd like to help them, but I don't need their services enough to pay for them.
That is exactly why the border should be closed (to illegal aliens). The U.S. government can't afford to help everyone who wants to come here. You would go broke trying to support 10 or 15 illegal aliens at your house and the U.S. government will go broke trying to support the large number of illegal aliens on welfare, receiving government-paid medical care, schooling, etc.

Quote:
I'm talking about reforming immigration so there won't be any illegal aliens. Illegal aliens are immigrants who crossed the border illegally.
As I've said before, the only "reforming" needed is to actually enforce the laws we already have.

Quote:
If you want to talk about the immigration and illegal aliens as separate and unrelated topics, you have a very poor grasp of the situation.
They are separate topics... what do those who immigrate here legally have to do with those who break the law to get into this country?

Quote:
True, but the US accepts fewer immigrants in terms of as a % of the US population than dozens of other countries worldwide.
So what? The U.S. doesn't HAVE to accept the immigrants it does. We do because we are the most generous country in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration