Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:38 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I didn't realize living in your native country was punishment.
It is because she won't be getting the free ride she's gotten since she arrived in this country.

Living in this country is a punishment for American taxpayers who are constantly paying for these criminals to attend school, eat.... and the list goes on.

The only people who are being punished are us.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It is because she won't be getting the free ride she's gotten since she arrived in this country.

Living in this country is a punishment for American taxpayers who are constantly paying for these criminals to attend school, eat.... and the list goes on.

The only people who are being punished are us.

I've paid taxes and I don't share the same view. With all of the gangbangers, Jessica Colotl isn't someone I'm worried about. For crying out loud she graduated from college. I'm less worried about her than gangs such as MS-13,many whom are here legally.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:56 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've paid taxes and I don't share the same view. With all of the gangbangers, Jessica Colotl isn't someone I'm worried about. For crying out loud she graduated from college. I'm less worried about her than gangs such as MS-13,many whom are here legally.
I didn’t realize a college degree entitles one to flout the law with impunity. Does this apply to all college graduates, or just illegal aliens?

Old 05-12-2011, 07:56 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
So let me guess.. You support the DREAM Act?

This " I am not worried about such and such person" attitude is what's keeping us divided.

So how do you feel about the families who come here ILLEGALLY, with 5 chuldren in tow and expect YOU and ME to pay for their education? They are harmless too, aren't they? They just want a better life.... Right?

Oh dear...

Old 05-12-2011, 08:13 PM

89 posts, read 122,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So let me guess.. You support the DREAM Act?

This " I am not worried about such and such person" attitude is what's keeping us divided.

So how do you feel about the families who come here ILLEGALLY, with 5 chuldren in tow and expect YOU and ME to pay for their education? They are harmless too, aren't they? They just want a better life.... Right?

Oh dear...

So in that case I'll just renounce my citzenship then come back into this country illegally so I can get everything I could want.
If that doesn't work, I will rob, and steal and still get away cause I will no longer be an American. So then I will pretend to speak bad english so people can cater to me and my ingronace and will basically have to bow to all of my requests.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
All the more reason she could decide she isn't above the law. She can go home and apply to come back as a legal foreign student on a foreign student visa.

Why should others be expected to follow the laws and one group is given a pass? What makes her think she's superior to other foreign students who actually bothered to follow the laws and obtain their visas?

Old 05-13-2011, 08:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
They pretend to be so proud of their native country, they love to display it's flag, even obnoxiously wave it in our faces, celebrate their own national holidays, speak it's language UNTIL someone suggests they return home to it.

Then suddenly their pride in their homeland vanishes. They want nothing to do with it, even smear it's image and insist there are no colleges or universities there, that everyone is starving to death back home or that it's too violent and dangerous and they're scared to go home.

That's why I think these Dream Act liars are so pathetic. I went to college some of the time in Mexico. It was a wonderful experience. I very much liked the Mexican professors and learned a lot. I got to see the archeological sites, and travel through Mexico. There is absolutely no reason the "dreamies" shouldn't experience their own country.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:26 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
The open border crowd thinks that the entire planet should get a cut of the US pie by simply showing up. It's some kind of bizarro guilt factor I'm going to guess. The problem with it is that it punishes all Americans not just themselves.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:25 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The open border crowd thinks that the entire planet should get a cut of the US pie by simply showing up. It's some kind of bizarro guilt factor I'm going to guess. The problem with it is that it punishes all Americans not just themselves.
For some reason, I haven't worried about it that much.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
For some reason, I haven't worried about it that much.
Sorry to hear that. When and if your country goes down what will you say then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration