Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,048,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A legislator said Monday it might be a good idea to control illegal immigration the way the feral hog population has been controlled — with hunters shooting from helicopters.
Wow! I was speechless when I read this. Ignorance...

GOP State Rep: Tea Party...great job electing these racist leaders. Ops, I forgot some mirror the Reps. mentality.

ThinkProgress » KS GOP State Rep. Compares Undocumented Immigrants To Pigs, Suggests Shooting Them From Helicopters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 06:46 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
The guy is an idiot but he may have gotten ideas from history.

LiveLeak.com - Mexican Border Agents Shoot Illegal Aliens Dead

Old 03-18-2011, 07:13 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,838,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The guy is an idiot but he may have gotten ideas from history.

LiveLeak.com - Mexican Border Agents Shoot Illegal Aliens Dead
Yeah this putz is on par with the uneducated, ill-trainded, and corrupt Mexican border thugs shooting suspected border-crossers...Unable to understand the basic tenents of "Due Process" in a civilized society.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,213,195 times
So, how do you propose we stop the infiltration of illegals through our border?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:20 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post

GOP State Rep: Tea Party...great job electing these racist leaders. Ops, I forgot some mirror the Reps. mentality.

ThinkProgress » KS GOP State Rep. Compares Undocumented Immigrants To Pigs, Suggests Shooting Them From Helicopters
I guess you forgot to mention that he was referring to how KS people talk and that he apologized for his remark. How is his remark racist anyway? Why is racism always brought into the discussion of illegal immigration by the advocates of illegal aliens? Illegals are not all of same race.

The Border Patrol are already armed and at some point in time with this problem escalating at the border with would be terrorists and the drug cartels coming over the border they will have to say "stop or we will shoot" to protect Americans and our country.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:22 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,307,747 times
A legislator said Monday it might be a good idea to control illegal immigration the way the feral hog population has been controlled — with hunters shooting from helicopters.

Target rich environment. Sounds good to me. I bet it will work, too.

Put up some signs first, warning the potential targets, then-game on.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Yeah this putz is on par with the uneducated, ill-trainded, and corrupt Mexican border thugs shooting suspected border-crossers...Unable to understand the basic tenents of "Due Process" in a civilized society.
There is no "due process" if someone is trying to cross our borders unathorized. BP or our military needs to stop them at the border from entering if they have no papers to do so. Even if it takes force to do so.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Most people don't want any shooting - so relax.

Foreign citizens should respect the laws of this country, we simply cannot allow all the world to just come here and take jobs and welfare programs as they please.

Immigration should be about the good of the country, not the greed of the foreigners. Some immigration is good, there are people who truly want to be a part of the USA, it's people, and are willing to learn the language and culture of this country and will make ideal citizens. Others come out of their love of money and food stamps and that's all they love about this country. They have zero respect for the laws, they have no realization that immigration must be legal, fair, and orderly. Immigration should not be about putting Americans out of work forever because the greedy class want's it's unlimited cheap labor.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,946,488 times
Quote:

Ignorance?

You are about to lose your country and don't even know it. Ignorance?

Old 03-18-2011, 10:46 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
Quote:

I certainly consider his comments stupid and ignorant, but please explain how it is racist. Furthermore, as indicated by the article posted by 1Angry, illegal aliens are actually killed by Mexican agents. So, according to you, Mexicans would also be racist against illegal aliens who enter their country, right? Mind you, most illegal aliens in Mexico are the same ethnicity as the Mexican agents, so how could “racism” be a factor?

Zac, I am confused as to why you would post this article, if not to inflame. Particularly, given that you are implying his sentiment is shared by others. Do you have specific examples you can share to support your allegation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration