Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:48 AM

2,380 posts, read 5,071,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I guess you forgot to mention that he was referring to how KS people talk and that he apologized for his remark. How is his remark racist anyway? Why is racism always brought into the discussion of illegal immigration by the advocates of illegal aliens? Illegals are not all of same race.
It was inappropriate and if I were from Kansas, I too, would be highly offended with his half a** apology/explanation. I wonder what Kansas residents think of him now? Why is it racist...needs no explanation its obvious. He is dehumanizing a group of people by calling them wild animals. If I were you, instead of defending him, as a Teabagger, I would call him to step down. Unless...you support his racist and inhumane strategy.

Quote:
The Border Patrol are already armed and at some point in time with this problem escalating at the border with would be terrorists and the drug cartels coming over the border they will have to say "stop or we will shoot" to protect Americans and our country.
I have never been opposed to BP protecting themselves from cartels or anyone that is armed. Fact is, drug traffickers come here and supply their cartels with fire arms, with the permission of the DOJ. Most immigrants who are illegal, come unarmed. There is no reason to think that they are a threat to our society in that regard. They can be arrested and turned back without having to shoot them.

I dont see the problem escalating. The numbers show a decline in illegal immigration. As per the bold, I guess I will wait here sitting down or I'll grow old and tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 03:02 AM

2,380 posts, read 5,071,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I certainly consider his comments stupid and ignorant, but please explain how it is racist. Furthermore, as indicated by the article posted by 1Angry, illegal aliens are actually killed by Mexican agents. So, according to you, Mexicans would also be racist against illegal aliens who enter their country, right? Mind you, most illegal aliens in Mexico are the same ethnicity as the Mexican agents, so how could “racism” be a factor?

Zac, I am confused as to why you would post this article, if not to inflame. Particularly, given that you are implying his sentiment is shared by others. Do you have specific examples you can share to support your allegation?
I have never been in support of any border patrol, watch group or what ever, shooting illegal immigrants on ANY BORDER. I don't care if Mexico does it, IT IS WRONG!

There are threads posted here that "inflame" on a daily basis. I dont need to repeat them on this thread. Many forumers that come here to read are not blind to it. They can see very clear...

Old 03-19-2011, 07:05 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,404,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
It was inappropriate and if I were from Kansas, I too, would be highly offended with his half a** apology/explanation. I wonder what Kansas residents think of him now? Why is it racist...needs no explanation its obvious. He is dehumanizing a group of people by calling them wild animals. If I were you, instead of defending him, as a Teabagger, I would call him to step down. Unless...you support his racist and inhumane strategy.

I have never been opposed to BP protecting themselves from cartels or anyone that is armed. Fact is, drug traffickers come here and supply their cartels with fire arms, with the permission of the DOJ. Most immigrants who are illegal, come unarmed. There is no reason to think that they are a threat to our society in that regard. They can be arrested and turned back without having to shoot them.

I dont see the problem escalating. The numbers show a decline in illegal immigration. As per the bold, I guess I will wait here sitting down or I'll grow old and tired.
FYI, I am not gay therefore I am not a teabagger. I also am not a member of the Tea Party organization either.

I never defended this man nor his remarks. All I did was to pass on his explanation for saying what he did and that he had apologized for it. As I said, it isn't only Mexicans coming through our southern borders so no, his remarks were not racist. He was talking about illegal entrants regardless of their racial makeup. I don't live in Kansas. If Kansas citizens don't like what he said then it is up to them to ask him to step down. Speaking of racism, I guess you had no problem with Obama getting elected even though he sat in a racist church for twenty years? There is enough racism on both the right and the left but the left never admits it.

The best way to secure our borders is for the BP to stop any illegal entrants by saying "stop or we'll shoot" at least they will have had fair warning. There is no way of knowing which illegal entrants are armed or not. We are allowed to protect our personal homes in this manner then why not our own country?

Old 03-19-2011, 11:43 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,670,009 times
Quote:
I have never been in support of any border patrol, watch group or what ever, shooting illegal immigrants on ANY BORDER. I don't care if Mexico does it, IT IS WRONG!

There are threads posted here that "inflame" on a daily basis. I dont need to repeat them on this thread. Many forumers that come here to read are not blind to it. They can see very clear...
I didn’t imply that you thought it wasn’t wrong. I asked how it is racist. You still haven’t answered that question.

So, the fact that you believe other threads inflame, justifies posting this? Got it.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:26 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,789,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesABQ View Post
Illigal immigrants include many women, children, and hard working men who are trying to escape the poverty and violence of Mexico for a chance at a better life. Not through welfare or food stamps, as some people on this forum like to believe, but through hard work.
When some teabagger even jokingly suggests shooting these people from a helicopter like if they were pigs, as a "solution" to the problem, that is racist. One step away from creating ovens, as a "final solution", to the immigrant problem.
I don't even have to go to go to other threads to show you the racism on this forum. Just go back and read this thread to see who defended this scumbag's words and you'll find the racists.
There are approximately 6,655,176,526 people in the world. Given the opportunity, at least half of them would immigrate to the United States.

I'm sorry, but Mexico's proximity to our southern border doesn't give them automatic first call to come here. Mexico's citizens need to go home and fix their own country so that their children and their children's children will be able to have a good life (as the majority of America's grand-parents and great grand-parents did). If that seems like too much work to them, then they need get in line with the rest of those who respect and love this country enough to follow her laws when immigrating to this country.

Mexico may be poor, but it doesn't even come close to breaking the top fifty poorest countries in the world. Instead of coming to America with their entitlement attitudes, illegal immigrants need to grow some bullocks and work to reform their own country. Mexico is not only a beautiful country, but it is chock full of natural resources. They should be working for equality in the workplace and in their country's educational system--there is no telling just how great Mexico could be.

But they need to stop expecting the citizens of the United States of America to be willing to give up their own employment, social services, and our country's dwindling resources to support them, their families, and anybody else who wants to waltz across the border with their hands held out.

We're tired and we're broke. If you're not here legally, go home.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:54 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,323,985 times
Not that it helps the discussion in any way, but it is against the law to hunt pigs from a helicopter.

In America, if you run from the police, there is a fairly good chance you will be shot. If it were otherwise, criminals would never stop when challenged with "Stop or I'll shoot!".

Are we a law abiding nation or are we not? Will we bind our law enforcement officials from enforcing the law? Then we are not, and there will be many more criminals.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,348,070 times
Quote:
Wow! I was speechless when I read this. Ignorance...

GOP State Rep: Tea Party...great job electing these racist leaders. Ops, I forgot some mirror the Reps. mentality.

ThinkProgress » KS GOP State Rep. Compares Undocumented Immigrants To Pigs, Suggests Shooting Them From Helicopters
Way to go after the Latino vote!

I can see the GOP plainly has its eye on the future.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,404,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Way to go after the Latino vote!

I can see the GOP plainly has its eye on the future.
I see, so if anything negative is said about illegal aliens or about the enforcement of our immigration laws (not advocating of course shooting them from helicoptors) then the GOP will lose the Latino vote? I thought we are supposed to be united as a country regardless of our ethnic makeup to respect all of our laws. But enforcing our immigration laws is a guarantee to lose the Latino vote?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,323,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see, so if anything negative is said about illegal aliens or about the enforcement of our immigration laws (not advocating of course shooting them from helicoptors) then the GOP will lose the Latino vote?
Huckabee/Rubio 2012!!! We have the Latino vote!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,895,286 times
Feral hogs multiply rapidly, they destroy just about everything they get their snouts on, they rape the land of all resources and they move on to the next target to destroy. Tell me again how illegal immigrants aren't similar to wild hogs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration