Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
In principle, I agree with you. However, I still don't believe that illegals are stealing jobs from Americans. As I mentioned, Americans just won't do the heinous jobs, that illegal immigrants do to survive.
So Americans won't do construction jobs, hospitality jobs, work in restaurants, etc.? Who do you think did those jobs before the arrival of millions of illegal aliens?

Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,093 times
Quote:
If you don't fear losing a job to an illegal, like you said, then you have nothing to worry about.
Theres no reason that ANY American should lose a job to an illegal alien.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,226,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So Americans won't do construction jobs, hospitality jobs, work in restaurants, etc.? Who do you think did those jobs before the arrival of millions of illegal aliens?
What I'm trying to get across to you posters, is that illegal immigrants can't get jobs, where they have to speak english. Which would include construction, and restaurant jobs. And I never said that Americans won't do construction or restaurant jobs!

The contruction industry is down anyhow, due to the bad housing market, and the bad economy in general. I just wonder if people like you will ever blame the economy for your joblessness, instread of illegals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Theres no reason that ANY American should lose a job to an illegal alien.
You might want to blame any job losses on the economy. But you posters can't seem to grasp that the economy is to blame, for all of the massive job losses that we've had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
And Benicar isn't the only anti-illegal immigration poster on this forum that's not WHITE.
So drop the race card.
Well big deal! But anytime a person mentioned race, ignorant whites go on this 'race card' tangent.

Quote:
If your an American Citizen and have Children or young Grandchildren, you DO have something to worry about.
No kidding. You ought to not vote for conservative Republicans, if you're worried about your children's and grandchildren's futures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Not true. Many Americans ARE willing to do those jobs. Employers cant treat us like WBs or slaves since we have rights so they hire illegals instead. And many of those jobs pay good money.
Poultry processing, fruit-picking, and maid jobs, DON'T pay good wages. Unless you think that minimum wage (and in some cases below), are 'good wages'. And you'd have to prove to me, that Americans are clammoring to take those sorts of jobs. Even if an American is willing to take a low-wage job, why would they work in 100 degree heat to pick fruit, when they can work iin an air-conditioned Starbucks??

Last edited by Yac; 01-11-2011 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: 5 posts in a row merged

Old 01-10-2011, 10:17 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,939 times
Quote:
What I'm trying to get across to you posters, is that illegal immigrants can't get jobs, where they have to speak english. Which would include construction, and restaurant jobs. And I never said that Americans won't do construction or restaurant jobs!

Really? Are you really serious? You obviously do not travel much, eat in restaurants or pass any construction sites. You do not need to speak English in most of these jobs. Greedy employers hire them anyway. (comment by getout)

The contruction industry is down anyhow, due to the bad housing market, and the bad economy in general. I just wonder if people like you will ever blame the economy for your joblessness, instread of illegals!
I just wonder if people like you will ever blame the rape of this Country's resources in every area, economical, health, social structure where it belongs. In every facet, illegal immigration and illegal aliens play an equal part.

Please, please educate yourself before spouting off an ignorant opinion.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Here in Calif. there are enough Spanish speaking legals/citizens that the illegals can communicate with on the job so there is no language barrier for them. Why is it everytime I pass a construction site all I see are workers speaking in Spanish then? Construction is down now but before it was, illegals held the corner of the market on those types of jobs.

Just what jobs are you saying that Americans won't do then? The only ones I can think of would be crop picking and for that the employers have unlimited visas for LEGAL immigrant workers so there is no excuse for hiring illegal aliens. Our youth have been denied entry level jobs due to the cheap, illegal labor and that they strictly hire Spanish speakers anymore.

I am retired so quit assuming that I am jobless because of illegal aliens. I do know however of many Americans in the past 5 years or so that became jobless due to the high influx of illegal labor in our blue collar workforce. Not that you give a damn though apparently by your posts.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Well big deal! But anytime a person mentioned race, ignorant whites go on this 'race card' tangent.
That's because you pro-illegals throw the race card at every turn and in particular towards the white race and conservative Republicans.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:40 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,443,714 times
Quote:

Quote:
Poultry processing, fruit-picking, and maid jobs, DON'T pay good wages. Unless you think that minimum wage (and in some cases below), are 'good wages'. And you'd have to prove to me, that Americans are clammoring to take those sorts of jobs. Even if an American is willing to take a low-wage job, why would they work in 100 degree heat to pick fruit, when they can work iin an air-conditioned Starbucks??

Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:

Yeah, go ahead and mock my post via your icons. But it's obvious that you can't provide proof, regarding Americans wanting to do the jobs that immigrants will do!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I just wonder if people like you will ever blame the rape of this Country's resources in every area, economical, health, social structure where it belongs. In every facet, illegal immigration and illegal aliens play an equal part.

Please, please educate yourself before spouting off an ignorant opinion.
YOU'RE the one that needs to educate yourself. The 'rape' of this country's resources, economy, social structure, healthcare system, etc., is the result of the big corporations, and the politiations who enable them.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Here in Calif. there are enough Spanish speaking legals/citizens that the illegals can communicate with on the job so there is no language barrier for them. Why is it everytime I pass a construction site all I see are workers speaking in Spanish then? Construction is down now but before it was, illegals held the corner of the market on those types of jobs.

Just what jobs are you saying that Americans won't do then? The only ones I can think of would be crop picking and for that the employers have unlimited visas for LEGAL immigrant workers so there is no excuse for hiring illegal aliens. Our youth have been denied entry level jobs due to the cheap, illegal labor and that they strictly hire Spanish speakers anymore.

I am retired so quit assuming that I am jobless because of illegal aliens. I do know however of many Americans in the past 5 years or so that became jobless due to the high influx of illegal labor in our blue collar workforce. Not that you give a damn though apparently by your posts.
What I give a d*mn about, is looking at the situation from a rational point of view, and not just blindly blaming immigrants, for the problems of joblessness. The kind of jobs that I'm talking about that Americans won't do, are the fruit picking, sweat-shop garmet jobs, poultry processing jobs, and, maid jobs.

With regards to youths, blue collar jobs have been disappearing for decades. And that's because the economy has eliminated many of those jobs, since the 80s. The service industry, contains the majority of the jobs these days. So youths should prepare themselves for service-sector jobs.

Those blue-collar jobs that the immigrants take to survive, are not the jobs of the future. If young people want a leg-up in our economy, the smart thing for them to do, is go to college, and/or get formal training for the professional, service-sector, and technical jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration