Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 04:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
EXACTLY. Pretty much every time the illegal-immigration debate comes up the focus is solely on the illegal immigrants. I come on here and basically say I want the borders secured. But because I didn't do it their way by placing the blame solely on the Central Americans they call me a "illegal-immigrant lover".

It makes me sick whats going on in our country right now. Unemployment is a huge problem. Yet these greedy employers support illegal immigration when they should be paying our unemployed decent wages to do those jobs. Where is the outrage at that? That's all I was saying.
There should be a lot of outrage against those who employ illegals. But also the types of open borders, unlimited immigration types who don't really believe all the 2 billion impoverished people of the world can just come here but only all those of their own "race".

La Raza is a great example of that. You never see them protesting for the Haitian boat people rounded up in Miami, they never demand that all Haitians are above the law and all can move to Florida. Yet they demand that immigration be unlimited from the hispanic countries - why is that?

Old 10-31-2010, 05:33 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
EXACTLY. Pretty much every time the illegal-immigration debate comes up the focus is solely on the illegal immigrants. I come on here and basically say I want the borders secured. But because I didn't do it their way by placing the blame solely on the Central Americans they call me a "illegal-immigrant lover".

It makes me sick whats going on in our country right now. Unemployment is a huge problem. Yet these greedy employers support illegal immigration when they should be paying our unemployed decent wages to do those jobs. Where is the outrage at that? That's all I was saying.

If you don't see it, then that just tells me you haven't read too many of the threads on here and are just seeing what you wish to see.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:

Again, you spew the same old falsehoods. How many times do we have to tell you that we feel the employers and our government are just as much to blame as the illegals themselves before you accept it and stop pretending we didn't say it?

Do it "our" way? WTH does that mean?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 AM

346 posts, read 709,227 times
I'll keep this simple:

Illegal aliens are just as to blame as the employers themselves. I agree that businesses should be fined for knowingly hiring illegal labor, but do not forget that people who knowingly illegally cross the US border are doing an illegal act and should be deported back to their country of origin. You need to focus and direct your anger to both causes, not just one.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
I'll keep this simple:

Illegal aliens are just as to blame as the employers themselves. I agree that businesses should be fined for knowingly hiring illegal labor, but do not forget that people who knowingly illegally cross the US border are doing an illegal act and should be deported back to their country of origin. You need to focus and direct your anger to both causes, not just one.
Yes - and sometimes the illegals have made arrangements with organized criminal groups to obtain legitimate appearing stolen identification documents and stolen but valid Social Security numbers in order to dupe the employers.

It's also very common for illegals to "share", steal, or purchase green cards that are not theirs and present them - a felony crime and they should be prosecuted as felony crimes. A naive employer could see a green card and be duped into believing he's hiring a legal worker and in fact is not.

However - many people know full well they are hiring illegals and in those cases they should be prosecuted and spend time in prison.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:04 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Illegal immigrants are not innocent in this mess any way we look at it. They use their children as pawns to "better" their own lives through social services they don't pay for. They break laws getting here and stealing identities. They are just as much at fault as the scum that keep them coming.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes - and sometimes the illegals have made arrangements with organized criminal groups to obtain legitimate appearing stolen identification documents and stolen but valid Social Security numbers in order to dupe the employers.

It's also very common for illegals to "share", steal, or purchase green cards that are not theirs and present them - a felony crime and they should be prosecuted as felony crimes. A naive employer could see a green card and be duped into believing he's hiring a legal worker and in fact is not.

However - many people know full well they are hiring illegals and in those cases they should be prosecuted and spend time in prison.
Yes, there are employers who know full well that they are employing illegals and they are greedy, lawbreaking scum who should be caught, fined, imprisoned and on a second offense have their business license removed.

There are however as you said many employers who aren't using e-verify that are being duped by these authentic looking fake documents. It has to be proven that an employer "knowingly" hired illegals before they can be prosecuted and that is why we need e-verify implemented across the board so that the fraud on the part of both the employer and employee will be less likely to occur.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Again with the "race card" for people who are against illegal immigration? Jeez, get over it already. How about being "pro" enforcement of immigration laws for a change? There is nothing racist about wanting current laws enforced, nothing.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
We need to stop blaming a fraction of the hard-working Latino community for taking advantage of an opportunity and address the source by putting these anti-American companies out of business FOR GOOD.
Can a Latino emigrate to the USA Legally?

If the answer is yes, then there's no reason why any of them should be here illegally. If any of them came here illegally then they have to leave.

I call an Illegal an Illegal. Period. Not Undocumented worker, nothing else but ILLEGAL.

If it's what they did, then that's who they are.

Are there legal workers available in the USA for companies to hire?

If the answer is yes, then there's no reason why any of them should be hiring illegals to do the job.

The government has failed to do their job and the government owes it to the American public and legal residents of the USA to get it right.

30,000,000 illegals and their children should not be here.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Can a Latino emigrate to the USA Legally?

If the answer is yes, then there's no reason why any of them should be here illegally. If any of them came here illegally then they have to leave.

I call an Illegal an Illegal. Period. Not Undocumented worker, nothing else but ILLEGAL.

If it's what they did, then that's who they are.

Are there legal workers available in the USA for companies to hire?

If the answer is yes, then there's no reason why any of them should be hiring illegals to do the job.

The government has failed to do their job and the government owes it to the American public and legal residents of the USA to get it right.

30,000,000 illegals and their children should not be here.
Actually Latinos hold the second highest quotas for legal immigration. Asians are at 32% and Latinos at 28%. A whole lot of other ethnic groups make up the remaining 40% with none of them even coming close to Asian legal immigration which is the top one. I don't see any discrimination against Latinos in our legal quotas just more Latinos wanting to come here than their fair share of the pie or that we can accomodate with jobs and resources. So what do they do? They jump our borders and enter illegally anyway.

You're right. Our govenment created this mess and it is up to them to fix it without making it a burden on the citizens of this country. It is time they owned up to their oath to protect us and put our best interests first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration