Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She's not getting assistance. She's getting assistance for her baby.

Two different things.
I would love to know your true agenda. What do people like yourself want when it comes to illegal immrigation? Do you want open borders? Are you part of the reconquesta movement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 04:51 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,791,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I would love to know your true agenda. What do people like yourself want when it comes to illegal immrigation? Do you want open borders? Are you part of the reconquesta movement?
WOW - I was thinking the same thing about this guy!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
WOW - I was thinking the same thing about this guy!!!
Dont expect an answer. He wont reply

Old 07-28-2010, 05:09 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post

I don't have an agenda. I just think the immigration system is flawed.

Yes, I agree with open borders.

What is the reconquesta movement?

Old 07-28-2010, 05:53 PM

40 posts, read 214,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
After reading the pros and cons here about illegal aliens, this is what I think:

Our present and prior government has done very little to solve the problem. About 10 to 15 years' ago, when the Illegals began coming here en mass, our government began building a wall on the California side. The wall has been built, the border patrol has become more corrupt, and the problem is still unsolved...............the government has become more wishy-washy, and nothing gets resolved. A lot of these Illegals have children now born in the USA, and are still not paying taxes.

Remember, that we have here Illegal aliens from many parts of the world besides Mexico! They are getting paid under the table, and we are not getting a share of the taxes, so the government should give them amnesty, allow them to identify themselves, work toward citizenship, and pay taxes........problem solved.

Now, we should concentrate our efforts in keeping our borders away from people that want to cross here illegally, and do a better job.............

Well I have mixed opinions on the subject. I don't think illegals should get anymore then a workers visa, and they should make that more open to other nationalites then just Mexicans, like South-East Asians. I also agree with deporting known gang members, like in California they have deported many Mexican and Central American gang members, but also tens of thousands of Cambodians and Vietnamese gang members as well. I am not biased at all being Cambodian, gang members and criminals are all scum of the earth and I think that America should do what England did and send all of their convicted felons to an island like Australia and let them kill eachother over there. Instead of killing innocent people, they are all animals and deserve treatment no better.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:38 PM

588 posts, read 947,391 times
Quote:
Illegals pay taxes. If they buy food to eat, they are contributing to the system being that they paid a sales tax.

I think that there is nothing you can do from keeping people from going to a land mass that they wish to be.

Remember. Borders are imaginary.

Borders are only imaginary when you have sellouts in the gov't who refuse to enforce the law.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:48 PM

215 posts, read 661,268 times
Let's get rid of income taxation and replace it with a national sales tax, restrict the right to vote only to local homeowners (NOT renters), build the damn wall down south, and change our legal immigration to be based on an entrance exam, so that only the brightest could come in. We have enough third-world poverty in this country in disfunctional urban ghettoes as it is.

The trickle of illegals won't bother me much then.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:34 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,359 times
Quote:

You should be tried for treason

Do you leave the doors to your house open as well?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:

What is the reconquesta movement?
The reconquesta movement is the believe that the southwest, texas, cali were once part of mexico and should be once again. So they come here with the believe of taking back the land through numbers.
Can you tell me why you believe we should have open borders? So we should give welfare to everyone in mexico as well because if we had open borders that would happen. How can we afford that?
Please tell me you are young and havent thought this out.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,053 times
Quote:
Stop feeding off of popular media perceptions. Do research, Guys.
Then YOU need to learn the difference between IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGALS..........

Maybe YOU should do some research
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration