Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:25 PM

786 posts, read 4,735,776 times

Advertisements

Both Hillary Clinton and Obama are now saying that they will see that all 12 million illegal aliens in our country will be given amnesty. Of course they are not saying in those words but instead using code words like Earned legalization.

Obama is going a step further saying that today's illegal aliens are part of a new civil rights movement. What do you think about that? Come hear illegally and you will get the same rights as someone who was brought here from Africa as a slave.

Clinton, Obama court the Hispanic vote in South Florida -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Americans for Better Immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 03:35 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,682,211 times
It's in the democratic parties vested interest to see as many illegals are legalized as possible. This is no real surprise. What really bites is the fact that we only have the two parties to choose from. Just about any democrat that's running for president will have this position. It's a win win situation for them.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:42 AM

8,944 posts, read 11,804,518 times
That's why they won't get my vote. Take a good look at the illegal immigration has done to CA before you vote. Amnesty will encourage more to cross our border illegally. Now it's 12M illegals. If amnesty is granted, how many more will be here in 5 years, 20M, 30M, 40M? Don't wait until then and wonder how America has gone from a first-world country to a third-world one.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,756,275 times
I'm surprised that Obama is using the term "civil rights." That won't earn him any brownie points with the Black Americans I know.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I'm surprised that Obama is using the term "civil rights." That won't earn him any brownie points with the Black Americans I know.

He's going after the Hispanic vote big time. He's strong with the black vote already. His civil rights comments won't hurt his support from the black voting block. They might not like what he said but it won't affect their vote. The Hispanic vote on the other hand can lock up the nomination for him. He's just reading his poll numbers and adjusting his rhetoric accordingly.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 PM

Most of the republican president field opposes illegals being here. But whether or not Bush and the republicans support the illegals being here is not the point of the thread.

It's the fact that Clinton and Obama are calling for amnesty for illegal aliens.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-25-2007 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: orphaned content

Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,681,976 times
neither will get my vote,for that very fact.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM

562 posts, read 661,154 times
The fact is that the US Government sees the possible TAX DOLLARS they can make off of these 12 million illegals....... So I don't see any way to fight it other than by revolution.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:40 PM

354 posts, read 325,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Most of the republican president field opposes illegals being here. But whether or not Bush and the republicans support the illegals being here is not the point of the thread.

It's the fact that Clinton and Obama are calling for amnesty for illegal aliens.
There are honestly only 3 Republicans who are against the illegals. If you beli8eve that Rudy or Romney are against them, then you drank too much kool-aid and don't really know their voting record and how they treated them in their cities. They are only saying otherwise so they will get the kool-aid drinkers to vote for them. They love illegals and they both have said so at different times before they started running for President.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:12 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,471,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
There are honestly only 3 Republicans who are against the illegals. If you beli8eve that Rudy or Romney are against them, then you drank too much kool-aid and don't really know their voting record and how they treated them in their cities. They are only saying otherwise so they will get the kool-aid drinkers to vote for them. They love illegals and they both have said so at different times before they started running for President.
Hillbilly, I'm glad you brought this up. Just exactly who ARE the candidates who are against the invasion? Which ones support sending them home and strictly guarding our borders? Please name them. I don't care which party they're from, but they've got my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration