Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 PM

103 posts, read 91,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
These leaders have been convinced that they are going to take over the whole southwest of the US along with the rest of the west. They have many good methods to do this without using force, but they have to depend on more and more of their illegals coming in and getting amnestied. In case you question the amnesty accusation think about what has to happen for illegals to get to vote.

snopes.com: Hispanic Leaders Speak Out!
How prevalent is this sentiment in the Hispanic community? There are 47 Million Hispanics in the USA and the article quotes 9. Hardly representative. I'm sure you can find 9 Americans who believe the world is flat. Does this mean most Americans believe this. I've never even heard of any of the so called leaders people listed in the article, have you? Statistics indicate the the vast majority of Hispanics assimilate into US culture. I know many Hispanics who have never been to a Latin American country and don't speak a lick of Spanish. Virtually every 2nd generation Hispanic I know speaks English much more fluently than Spanish. The reconquista movement is a fringe group shunned by the vast majority of Hispanics.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
That would have seemed a little 'out there' until our President and DOJ basically took up for another country over our own citizens last week.

I don't think the people in DC can realize what a sleeping giant they have awakened.
They will soon realize what they have done to that giant. I wonder how they will keep all of us away from the polls in November. There will be an attempt of some kind, I am sure.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid and Nancy View Post
How prevalent is this sentiment in the Hispanic community? There are 47 Million Hispanics in the USA and the article quotes 9. Hardly representative. I'm sure you can find 9 Americans who believe the world is flat. Does this mean most Americans believe this. I've never even heard of any of the so called leaders people listed in the article, have you? Statistics indicate the the vast majority of Hispanics assimilate into US culture. I know many Hispanics who have never been to a Latin American country and don't speak a lick of Spanish. Virtually every 2nd generation Hispanic I know speaks English much more fluently than Spanish. The reconquista movement is a fringe group shunned by the vast majority of Hispanics.
I guess you didn't notice that Snopes said most of that stuff had been said in the 1990s. Maybe you didn't see where I said just that, too. I am sure that if you look into la Raza and the other groups like them you will find a number, a big one at that, who really believe that they must take over the southwest.

Where are you from, anyway. I live pretty close to Dodge City, Ks. where there are two huge packing plants and I know that the 4th and 5th generation hispanics don't care for the illegals because they refuse to assimilate. Also, they don't care for them because they take the jobs that others could have had. They don't care for the way they refuse to attend the standing Mexican Catholic churches either. Assimilation is something that I don't see out there and surely it is the same in the other west Kansas cities where they have most of the jobs in the packing plants and the feed lots. They don't even try to learn English since their kids are taught that in the schools by English as a Second language teachers.

It is not hard to tell an illegal from a 4th generation citizen out there because of the language and the dress.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,888 times
Whats the problem giving up Califorina ? We can defend our ports and let them have the land .
Start building the wall of Califorina , keep the rest of southwest .
So long Hollywood.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:54 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,054,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Until you geniuses figure out a way to maintain a sizable, say 30%+ oversize, labor pool in this country without legal and illegal immigration there will not be any effort to control the borders. The financiers and corporations that own and control the United States depend on the excess workers to keep bidding the wages down and labor costs under control. Employing under paid illegal workers is cheaper than moving the work overseas. Chicken processing is a prime example. Tending the gardens of the rich is another. H1b’s underbidding American computer programmers has put the former middle class under the immigration gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Nobody really wants to address the undelying causes of illegal and legal immigration to this country...People just want to complain that the Mexicans are taking over America---while never looking at the root of the problem and asking why they are coming to America and who is benefiting from this.

It's much easier to blame some obscure Atzlan groups as having a nefarious plot to take over America rather than looking at the multiple industries (agriculture, food processing, construction, etc.) that have come to rely on illegal immigration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If you look at a short history of industrial development in this country it has always depended on immigrants. This started with recruiting Scot ironworkers for the country's first Iron Furnace (Saugus, Massachusetts) because there were no Puritans willing to work a furnace (I can't blame them) to the coal mines worked by eastern Europeans to the vast harvests of California picked by Hispanic immigrants. The huge immigration of blacks to slave on the cotton fields was another example of importing labor.

As we gain control of our population growth it is time to cut immigration as well as increase deportation so there are fewer people competing for the jobs available in a roboticized industrial environment. That way the wages would increase and the working and middle class would keep more of the pie they create.

This is a corporate and financial upper class nightmare. Having to share the wealth with the people that create it. How un-American.
Excellent posts, its high time we stop with the race baiting and fear mongering and really examine how middle income and working American citizens of ALL ETHNICITIES are getting shafted by multinationals with their "free trade fantasies" and their strangle hold on our political system.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:25 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,930,928 times
I'm afraid amnesty will be President Chim-Chims swan song. Rammed through just like his healthcare or snuck through like this weekends Medicare czar appointment.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Really? The Tea Party and their KKK affiliate is taking over L.A.?

Oh how you forget and you try to rewrite history...
Hint: The Progressive Democrats, are the party of the KKK. Robert Byrd!
Abraham Lincoln was not a Democrat, people.
MLK was not a Democrat, until he sold his soul to keep out of a life pf prison by Democrats.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:10 AM

59,262 posts, read 27,435,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Really? The Tea Party and their KKK affiliate is taking over L.A.?
Another child heard from.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They will soon realize what they have done to that giant. I wonder how they will keep all of us away from the polls in November. There will be an attempt of some kind, I am sure.
Might be the new Black Panthers who openly declare they hate whites and even think their babies should be killed. They tried the voter intimidation tactics before but were let off the hook.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid and Nancy View Post
The problem is that with the large numbers of them here illegally and continuing to flood our borders assimilation is no longer the case. I know many Hispanics who have been here for generations and Spanish is still their language of primary usage even though they know how to speak English. That isn't assimilation to me.

The reconquista movement is on every campus in American aka Mecha and there are many Mexicans still whining about "stolen land" including the Chicano Nationalists who are U.S. citizens. Mecha was pretty open about their agenda a few years ago but since they caught so much flack they are a lot more quiet about it and cleaned up their websites to make it look like they are just another Latino advocacy group. As for how many Hispanic citizens adhere to this anti-American nonsense there is no way of telling but with the influx of millions of Mexican nationalists coming here illegally already bearing a grudge over the past and being indoctrinated into this agenda by the Chicano Nationalists it is a growing threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration