Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:02 AM

563 posts, read 520,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
While it seems a prudent thing to do, please be careful. Technically, according to federal law, (US Code Title 18 Section 1702) it's a felony. I wouldn't be advertising the practice on public forums.
Then again, the only way someone would be caught is if someone who knows for a fact it is not your box reports you. I would hate to think that an illegal is dumb enough to go and report it...LOL....than again...hmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,933,300 times
Most Americans favor the Ariz law. That is true, but most Americans favored going to war with Iraq also. So, I think it is very good, that public opinion polls do not establish policy, as did the framers of the Constitution.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,382,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Most Americans favor the Ariz law. That is true, but most Americans favored going to war with Iraq also. So, I think it is very good, that public opinion polls do not establish policy, as did the framers of the Constitution.
I would take the opinion of the majority of Americans over those in congress anyday.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:46 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,493,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
While it seems a prudent thing to do, please be careful. Technically, according to federal law, (US Code Title 18 Section 1702) it's a felony. I wouldn't be advertising the practice on public forums.
Thanks for the warning. Knowing how this Administration uses race in their decision-making processes as to who to litigate, I should indeed be careful. However, I assume here that most landlords own, or are buying, their properties and are therefore legal to remove anything placed inside their boxes. All of my properties are owned free and clear.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:18 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,046,356 times
Obamacracy is an organization of complete stupidity. Illegals have brought in an inordinate amount of drugs and violence. Not to mention many of them are on welfare and don't pay their taxes. Now Obama wants to sue AZ because they're trying to do something to stop it. Arizona is also only enforcing the federal law, not even making a new law. It's also good news that thousands of people have donated Arizona's legal defence fund.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:43 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,775,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
He'll lie and say he will secure the border then give amnesty . After this the nations his oyster !
he's been in office long enough if they aren't secured by now then he has no intention of securing at all. Which makes him no different than any other President except that now people are fed up with the over crowding and paying extra in taxes to help those who aren't here legally, added theft and most of all the lack of National Security.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,775,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If the federal government allows Arizona to make its own immigration laws, it will allow every state to do the same. That's a big reason why it's good for the government to try to stop this.

Another reason: No matter how you analyze it, Latinos generally see this law as a threat to their rights, and as a voting block, their numbers are growing a lot faster than white voters. Republicans may gain in the short-term, but I don't see how this helps them win majorities in the long run.
If they are here legally I could see why but if they are not legal then they don't belong in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration