Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 07:07 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Look, you maybe blind to car news but Hyundai/KIA are notorious with failures that left their owners on the hook without a proper solution unless they were coerced by the government to issue a recall. They've had car fires, easy theft, engine failures, and other issues that should provide the customers with proper solutions but they don't and they are trying to blame the customer first.

When I took delivery of the car, I changed the oil myself and drove it for about 2k miles and the engine suddenly failed. I was lucky when I was driving it was in local roads and not on the highway.

When I had it towed to the dealer they want to see oil change documentation. However I just got the car used and the carfax had some documentation but not extensive. So they denied the engine replacement, then I turned to my car warranty and luckily it was covered. Then I read the news and forums that this Theta engine is a deathstar. The guy who worked at dealership admits it was a bad engine and did the ECU update after the engine was replaced.

These dealerships are at the mercy of the HQ who are not paying out engine replacements without playing by their rules.

From my dealings with Hyundai HQ, they are terrible. They don't sympathize with owners especially those with KIAs that can't even get insurance due to the hack.
Look? Maybe you should have researched better before you bought the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2023, 01:37 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Look, you maybe blind to car news but Hyundai/KIA are notorious with failures that left their owners on the hook without a proper solution unless they were coerced by the government to issue a recall. They've had car fires, easy theft, engine failures, and other issues that should provide the customers with proper solutions but they don't and they are trying to blame the customer first.

When I took delivery of the car, I changed the oil myself and drove it for about 2k miles and the engine suddenly failed. I was lucky when I was driving it was in local roads and not on the highway.

When I had it towed to the dealer they want to see oil change documentation. However I just got the car used and the carfax had some documentation but not extensive. So they denied the engine replacement, then I turned to my car warranty and luckily it was covered. Then I read the news and forums that this Theta engine is a deathstar. The guy who worked at dealership admits it was a bad engine and did the ECU update after the engine was replaced.

These dealerships are at the mercy of the HQ who are not paying out engine replacements without playing by their rules.

From my dealings with Hyundai HQ, they are terrible. They don't sympathize with owners especially those with KIAs that can't even get insurance due to the hack.
So if I understand you , you bought the car used and changed the oil yourself?

Old 08-03-2023, 03:50 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,000 times
Hyundai and Kia offer a 100,000 mile warranty for the engine and transmission. That is for the original (first) owner and proof of maintenance must be presented. A second owner only gets 5 year - 60 K coverage and it doesn't matter that the car was only a month old when he got it.

Get a Fiat, I heard they last forever.

Old 08-05-2023, 06:48 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
My Hyundai has 150,000 and still going!

Old 08-06-2023, 07:32 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
My Hyundai has 150,000 and still going!
Count yourself as lucky, and check your oil level often!

Old 08-06-2023, 07:41 AM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times
My friend just went on vacation with his 2 year old Kia and the transmission went, he had to stay a few days longer to wait for his car to be fixed. He was lucky the car was fixed so fast, my cousin's Honda has been in the shop for a few weeks now waiting for a part to come in. It might be best to rent a car when going on vacation with the supply problems we have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia