Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 06:32 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,777,868 times

Advertisements

Update: factory rebate on Tuscon good enough to make it only a little more than Kona. I think he's gonna get the Tucson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 07:14 PM

5,338 posts, read 4,425,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Sad and happy at the same time. Happy you’re OK but sad for the Elantra.
Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:15 PM

5,338 posts, read 4,425,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Update: factory rebate on Tuscon good enough to make it only a little more than Kona. I think he's gonna get the Tucson.
A great choice. I went shopping yesterday and ended up getting the Kona in Lime Twist. There's no way I'm not being seen again! The Elantra just didn't feel as good as my other one did.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:13 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,777,868 times
Well, kid finally got the Tucson SEL AWD. A new 2019 wound up costing the same as a Kona, maybe even less, once we factored in the rebates. He's happy.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:49 AM

17,613 posts, read 17,649,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Well, kid finally got the Tucson SEL AWD. A new 2019 wound up costing the same as a Kona, maybe even less, once we factored in the rebates. He's happy.
Glad he got what he wanted.

Old 12-21-2019, 12:55 PM

Winter update. Few weeks ago wife had knee replacement surgery so I’ve been driving her to and from appointments in her Kona. Now makes me feel like I’m dropping myself into my Elantra. We finally had the chance to test the heated seat bottoms. They have three settings and they begin heating very quickly. I started on the middle setting and dropped to the low heat setting once the car warmed up, wife went to the highest setting and dropped to middle when car warmed up. Acceleration is adequate. My personal test is to start at a dead stop and see if I can reach 70 mph by the time I reach the end of the interstate on ramp and how hard did I have to push it to get there. Did not have to floor the accelerator nor switch to sport mode to get there at the end of the on ramp. Fairly smooth over the bumps. Since I’ve been driving I’ve been averaging about 32 mpg around town. Haven not filled up and performed the math to compare the actual to the dash reading. My Elantra shows 3 mpg higher than actual. If her Kona is the same then it’s about 29 mpg around town which still isn’t bad at all for a non-hybrid crossover. The lane departure warning does get annoying. So,e roads are horrible so if there’s no traffic I’m in the center of the road to avoid the bumps from the patches. It’s really annoying when having to move around emergency vehicles, road construction crews, and pedestrians (walkers and bicycle riders).

Old 12-22-2019, 06:07 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Winter update. Few weeks ago wife had knee replacement surgery so I’ve been driving her to and from appointments in her Kona. Now makes me feel like I’m dropping myself into my Elantra. We finally had the chance to test the heated seat bottoms. They have three settings and they begin heating very quickly. I started on the middle setting and dropped to the low heat setting once the car warmed up, wife went to the highest setting and dropped to middle when car warmed up. Acceleration is adequate. My personal test is to start at a dead stop and see if I can reach 70 mph by the time I reach the end of the interstate on ramp and how hard did I have to push it to get there. Did not have to floor the accelerator nor switch to sport mode to get there at the end of the on ramp. Fairly smooth over the bumps. Since I’ve been driving I’ve been averaging about 32 mpg around town. Haven not filled up and performed the math to compare the actual to the dash reading. My Elantra shows 3 mpg higher than actual. If her Kona is the same then it’s about 29 mpg around town which still isn’t bad at all for a non-hybrid crossover. The lane departure warning does get annoying. So,e roads are horrible so if there’s no traffic I’m in the center of the road to avoid the bumps from the patches. It’s really annoying when having to move around emergency vehicles, road construction crews, and pedestrians (walkers and bicycle riders).
Well, better an annoyance than a danger. I do wonder, and I’m not trying to pry, but is there a part of town that might be attractive enough for you and your wife to live in where driving isn’t necessary and there’s enough around or by transit, and more delivery services, to have a comfortable level of independence?

Old 12-23-2019, 12:11 AM

1,976 posts, read 6,856,481 times
I think you are able to turn lane assistance off with a push of button. Probably on the left of the steering on the dash.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Well, better an annoyance than a danger. I do wonder, and I’m not trying to pry, but is there a part of town that might be attractive enough for you and your wife to live in where driving isn’t necessary and there’s enough around or by transit, and more delivery services, to have a comfortable level of independence?
Trade offs not worth it. The close by city of Lafayette, Louisiana does have bus service but it’s routes and times of service are limited. Many of the residential areas directly on the bus routes are either within high crime areas, next to local university (loud partying students), or directly along parade routes. Parade routes are a pain here because during Marci Gras there are several parades for a week or two depending on schedule. Homes along the route have to put up barriers to prevent people trespassing but it doesn’t stop the littering. Very few residential areas on the bus route have that balance of low crime, quiet neighbors, and not directly on a parade route and so those homes are worth more than we can afford. We live within the downtown area of a large town/small city of Carencro, located on the north border of Lafayette. Thankfully town has grown economically. In less than 2 miles from our home there is locally owned grocery store, Super 1 Food store, Walmart, fast food chains (Sonic, McDonalds, BK, Popeyes, Taco Bell), several locally owned restaurants, and other locally owned specialty stores including pharmacies.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
I think you are able to turn lane assistance off with a push of button. Probably on the left of the steering on the dash.
I’m OK with turning it off when I’m driving but I want it on when my wife is driving. She does get easily distracted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia