Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 04:30 PM

7,512 posts, read 7,249,878 times

Advertisements

Enjoy,

Seems like an amazing vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
A lot of people think the front end of the Hyundai is ugly. I think the front end of the Kia looks just like a GMC Yukon. I don’t find it particularly special. I don’t really see other cars that have the headlight set up like the Palisade.

Who cares if it’s a game changer. For the people interested in what it has to offer, perhaps it is. For those that aren’t interested - it isn’t. Also, the people who tend to buy Honda/Toyota, etc tend to be afraid to go to a different brand and are loyal to their brand. Those who buy BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc - look down on the Kia/Hyundai brand and would never consider it.

You get a LOT of bang for your buck with the Palisade (and Telluride). I have all the safety features (Lane assist, lane keep, smart cruise control, blind spot warning, heads up display, movement detection in the rear, back up cameras on every angle including top down, etc), driver talk, Quiet mode, heated and ventilated front and second row seats, a kicka$$ stereo system, Bluetooth, Apple car play, remote start, etc. Plus they have a fabulous warranty. Not sure what’s not to like? This will be our 4 Hyundai and they’ve all been very good to us.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:33 PM

Very impressive though I am not surprise.

Wow, selling above MSRp! Not that is really impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Our 2018 Hyundai Kona is the third Korean car we had, and so far all three were completely reliable and trouble free - and this comes from a retired Honda/Acura tech with 22 years in the trenches.

I might trade in our Santa Fe Sport for a Telluride if they get sold at normal prices; currently the Telluride is marked up from MSRP.
I read and post on a Telluride forum and 99% of the members love the vehicle, quite a few there post as previous Benz, BMW and Acura MDX owners.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:40 PM

Totally disagree. Most people don’t even know yet about the vehicle it is so new.

Would say the vehicles are meeting or exceeding expectations at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
Your quote: “interest already and sales convey differently.”

Just pointing out that sales aren’t great right now. Is it early? Sure.....but the current sales levels do not indicate anything gamechanging about these vehicles.

Plus, I know that they have recently gone to some suppliers and reduced the expected volumes of the parts they are buying, so that is another sign these vehicles are not meeting projections.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:59 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,990,546 times
Looking at the Pilot’s interior compared to the Telluride’s, man, no comparison. The Pilot looks like it’s from the 90’s.
Amazing bang for the buck on features. It looks like a $70k vehicle. I’d rock one.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:03 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,154,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Looking at the Pilot’s interior compared to the Telluride’s, man, no comparison. The Pilot looks like it’s from the 90’s.
Amazing bang for the buck on features. It looks like a $70k vehicle. I’d rock one.
I didn’t get a telluride, but my fully loaded limited Palisade came to $46k. Hard to beat that with all those options!!

Also - many don’t know about these yet. And most of the ones who do are playing the waiting game for the price to come down. It took forever to get my hands on a limited to even tests drive because all of the ones on the lot were sold upon arrival. I know one dealership sold 30 in less than a month before they ever even hit the lot.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:03 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,946,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Totally disagree. Most people don’t even know yet about the vehicle it is so new.

Would say the vehicles are meeting or exceeding expectations at this point.
And you know that how? Do you work for Kia or Hyundai and know what their projections were?

If they are doing so well why are suppliers calling other OEMs to fill Q4 component production slots that Kia/Hyundai just gave up?

Old 08-20-2019, 05:14 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,990,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
And you know that how? Do you work for Kia or Hyundai and know what their projections were?

If they are doing so well why are suppliers calling other OEMs to fill Q4 component production slots that Kia/Hyundai just gave up?
TrueCar claims they’re selling for more than $1600 over MSRP in my area. I don’t know what your beef is but they seem to be doing well.
Normally Kia dealers knock off $4k just for walking in the door.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:16 PM

Very true...too funny.

Honda Pilot

Kia Telluride

Quote:

Old 08-20-2019, 05:48 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,946,671 times
Quote:
TrueCar claims they’re selling for more than $1600 over MSRP in my area. I don’t know what your beef is but they seem to be doing well.
Normally Kia dealers knock off $4k just for walking in the door.
They came out of the gate with a low MSRP to grab attention. Selling over MSRP has happened numerous times with brand new intros and limited supply. They are just feasting on the suckers going for it, wait a few months and you’ll be able to buy the same vehicle for a lot less.

My problem is Korean auto companies and how they, and their country, conduct business. (And shame on us for letting them get away with it.). I don’t believe in doing business with those who don’t reciprocate.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:01 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,774,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Very true...too funny.

Honda Pilot

Kia Telluride
My car has got WAY more buttons than yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia