Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 PM

2,784 posts, read 5,191,390 times

Advertisements

Same as Sonata, Altima, Camry, etc in their class all are terrible handling cars that drive like boats.

Great for people that all their care about is to get from A to B, definitely not passionate driver's cars...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 09:40 PM

2,784 posts, read 5,191,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
The thing is that i'm used to a stiff ride. My BMW is very stiff because of the sport suspension and when I don't drive it for a while it takes a while to get used to again compared to my Mercedes which has it's own firm, but comfortable more quite ride. Even with the top up or down the BMW is still more quiet than the KIA.

My SO drives a 4runner and the ride is better than the KIA.
Of course you cannot compare German sedans with cheap Korean boats, there is no comparison.
Every time when getting back from trips where I had to rent a sedan, the more I could appreciate upon return my BMW or Audi (even VW) who are head and shoulders above regular budget sedans.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:49 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,785,434 times
The Ford Fusion has probably the best ride quality in terms of comfort, with zero road noise in it's class. The added weight of the Fusion with it's layers of sound deadeners makes a big difference.

I rented one for a week and was a awesome car to not only to drive, but to ride in.

Kia is focused on sportiness, while Hyundai is tuned for comfort or so it seems.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:53 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,208,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
Same as Sonata, Altima, Camry, etc in their class all are terrible handling cars that drive like boats.

Great for people that all their care about is to get from A to B, definitely not passionate driver's cars...
You're missing the big exception to that rule: Honda. They have always cared about the driving experience.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:44 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,177,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
You're missing the big exception to that rule: Honda. They have always cared about the driving experience.
I wouldn't say that today. They don't really have any sports oriented cars in their lineup and the last few generation of Honda's have focused on selling a higher volume above all else.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:04 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,765,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I wouldn't say that today. They don't really have any sports oriented cars in their lineup and the last few generation of Honda's have focused on selling a higher volume above all else.
That is the ultimate goal of every successful business

Old 11-18-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
No, not at all. In fact Honda's last two CEO's recently held meetings with the current CEO where they lambasted him for sacrificing quality for higher volume. Sacrificing quality for volume is the exact opposite of the ultimate goal of every successful business. Successful businesses increase volume while maintaining or improving quality.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:31 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,765,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
No, not at all. In fact Honda's last two CEO's recently held meetings with the current CEO where they lambasted him for sacrificing quality for higher volume. Sacrificing quality for volume is the exact opposite of the ultimate goal of every successful business. Successful businesses increase volume while maintaining or improving quality.
Quality and volume aren't mutually exclusive.

But at the end of the day if their sales numbers go down, people get fired.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:43 PM

522 posts, read 724,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post

Don't hate on Altimas. The R version is quite agile. Camry can be made into a very agile ride with a ~400$ investment.
hyndai and kia, however, is going to stay cheap piece of crap boxes with no decent resale value unless you're trading for the same brand./puke

and - by god - I agree with the last point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Oh rly?
Lets tell this to Toyoda family (though, they're a mass producers, so not a very good example).
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Zonda are not looking to mass produce. Never have.

In retrospect, I guess, Lambo is also a bad example, since this is a car family that was built completely on spite..

Old 11-18-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
Don't hate on Altimas. The R version is quite agile. Camry can be made into a very agile ride with a ~400$ investment.
hyndai and kia, however, is going to stay cheap piece of crap boxes with no decent resale value unless you're trading for the same brand./puke

and - by god - I agree with the last point.

Oh rly?
Lets tell this to Toyoda family (though, they're a mass producers, so not a very good example).
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Zonda are not looking to mass produce. Never have.

In retrospect, I guess, Lambo is also a bad example, since this is a car family that was built completely on spite..
Altima's and Camry's will never be drivers cars outside of a scenario where you spend obscene amounts of money turning it into somethings its not. You'd have better luck with the Kia/Hyundai products as they tend to be turbocharged and make make massive power with aftermarket ECU tunes. I recall seeing a 2.0T Sonata a few years ago hit something like 330whp on a dyno which is pretty ridiculous. Either way, your typical mid size sedan will never be a sports car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia