Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,615,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I have no problem with people driving manual and some people seem to love it. what I have a problem with is the concept that its somehow necessary for people to learn to drive stick.

I tend to agree to a point. My post was an attempt to say that it is a good idea for people to learn how to drive a stick. But I disagree with legislating that everyone learn..... do we really need the *government interfering in every dang this we do? No, we don't. If you want to learn how to drive a stick, fine. If you don't, fine. It's a personal decision.

*government? Is this what the OP is referring to as to who would require the skill in order to get a driver's license?

My vote is NO way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 04:04 PM

180 posts, read 380,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
I tend to agree to a point. My post was an attempt to say that it is a good idea for people to learn how to drive a stick. But I disagree with legislating that everyone learn..... do we really need the *government interfering in every dang this we do? No, we don't. If you want to learn how to drive a stick, fine. If you don't, fine. It's a personal decision.

*government? Is this what the OP is referring to as to who would require the skill in order to get a driver's license?

My vote is NO way.
In the UK and probably others as well it works like this(from what I read):

You can get a dual auto/manual license or just a auto license. If you pass the test on a manual you get both but not with passing using an automatic.

Since nobody wants to have a limited license, everybody learns stick sans being forced too.

I find automatic transmission dull and easier to daydream....easier to hold a cell phone, eat, etc. which is the last thing most teens should be doing in a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia