Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:15 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,929,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile View Post
I've heard that the tires that come with the car are horrid. Because you're leasing it, have you thought about replacing them with better tires right now? And then when it's time to return the car, re-mount the original tires!
I'm trying to find a good deal on some aftermarket 18" wheels with better rubber. If I can get a good deal, I should be able to get 60-70% of my investment back when I sell them later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 10:07 AM

7 posts, read 14,054 times
Good luck with it ... we love our 2008 Optima LX, up to 64K ... purchased used from Enterprise Rental Car Sales ... have gotten up to 36 mpg on long trips between NC and MI ... Other than routine maintenance, only big repairs have been replacement of timing chain seal ($385, covered under engine warranty) and replacement of one of the front wheel bearings ($218 at dealer) ... it's comfortable and has a huge trunk ... originally wanted to get a late model Camry but they were overpriced regardless of mileage in our market

Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 PM

Had the Optima in snow last week. The OEM Nexen tires suck, barely could get up my driveway (see photo). Had to take off T/C to get it to move in the parking lot (see photo). When it's bad I drive my wife's Durango which is a tank, so I'm going to stick with the tires for now.

I've tracked all but one fillup on Fuelly.com. I just hit 5100 miles this week. I'm averaging 29.2MPG, filled up 12 times since July 3rd, just a little over $600 (85 octane at $3.50 on avg).

I rebadged it with the "K Badges" and K5 emblem (what it's called in Korea). I get people asking me weekly what kind of car it is, it's actually annoying now. Thinking of putting KIA back on. I visit a sister company once a week and a lady said last week "Oh, you're the one driving the Unknown Car"...she thought it belonged to a big cheese, a baller car. LOL.

Some pics:

Old 10-30-2011, 01:02 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,457,090 times
85 octane? Sheesh, I hope you live way up in the mountains. And if you do.... seriously, invest in some good snow tires. They really do make a world of difference.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 AM

I live at 8,500' and commute daily to 9,500'. I put in 87 octane first month and saw no difference in MPG vs. 85.

I had winter tires on my previous vehicles. Yeah, they help but the snow gets melted away so fast up here. Then there is a week of 50-60F days, then snow for a day, then sunny again. Blizzaks just melt away and don't last me more than 2 years with the miles I put on the vehicle and the curvy/rough roads up here.

I've found good all-seasons (Yoko Parada Spec-X are my fav right now), 4x4, and common sense is enough for me when it's really bad.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,358,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
85 octane? Sheesh, I hope you live way up in the mountains. And if you do.... seriously, invest in some good snow tires. They really do make a world of difference.
85 Octane is considered regular gas in Colorado. It's what almost everybody puts in their cars. Midgrade here is 87 and premium is 91.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia