Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2022, 05:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 9,905,205 times

Advertisements

On Arsenal property, south of 565 and a bit east of Zierdt Rd - a year or two ago quite a few trees were removed. Now it looks like the area is clearcut and there are some earth-moving pieces of equipment there. Will something be built by the government in that area?

You can sometimes see it on the WAFF camera, if it's pointed to the south and slightly east: https://www.waff.com/weather/cams/ on the camera called "I-565 in Madison".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
The popular Nashville area restaurant, Puckett's Grocery, has announced their first out of Tennessee location in Cullman. The restaurant will be located at the AL 157 interchange in the former Ruby Tuesday's Restaurant building (next door to Cracker Barrell). Here's the Press Release: https://amarshallhospitality.com/a-m...n-cullman-ala/

For those thinking, "This is the Huntsville/Decatur Forum, why are you posting something in Cullman?" Keep in mind, the AL 157 interchange is not that far from those living in Decatur/Hartselle.

The other reason for my posting this is that I have thought for a long time that Puckett's should expand to Huntsville as it's the closest mid-size city to Nashville and I've though one of the old buildings in Huntsville's original Downtown (along Jefferson or Washington streets) would be a good choice as many of their restaurants are in old buildings. Now, I think that one of the large mixed-use developments - Mid City, Stovehouse, Town Madison or Bridge Street would perhaps be good or better locations.

Back to Puckett's, presently, their closest location is on the Courthouse Square in Columbia, TN (in a historic building) and their tag line is "Put some south in your mouth!". They are famous for meat and three Southern dinners and have a big breakfast selection (unfortunately, their all you can eat breakfast buffet was discontinued because of Covid 19), but they still have live music.

The AL 157 and I-65 is a thriving interchange with many hotels and restaurants and Puckett's will be a good option for those in the Huntsville/Decatur area to stop for a meal on their way to or from Birmingham (and points south). In the future, we can hope that they will expand to the Huntsville area, too.
I believe that interchange is 310, just 30 miles south of 340, the 65/565 interchange. So close enough to this area to be included, and even closer to Decatur. Cullman is a fairly fast growing area.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:26 PM

152 posts, read 242,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
On Arsenal property, south of 565 and a bit east of Zierdt Rd - a year or two ago quite a few trees were removed. Now it looks like the area is clearcut and there are some earth-moving pieces of equipment there. Will something be built by the government in that area?

You can sometimes see it on the WAFF camera, if it's pointed to the south and slightly east: https://www.waff.com/weather/cams/ on the camera called "I-565 in Madison".

I saw that the other day too. I can’t say for sure, but I’d almost bet they’re selling it for timber. I can’t imagine why they’d build something there considering there’s no roads or infrastructure to support any buildings way off in that corner. The only other thing I could think of otherwise would be if they’re clearing and grading in order to cede it to the city for something.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:57 PM

278 posts, read 439,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
I saw that the other day too. I can’t say for sure, but I’d almost bet they’re selling it for timber. I can’t imagine why they’d build something there considering there’s no roads or infrastructure to support any buildings way off in that corner. The only other thing I could think of otherwise would be if they’re clearing and grading in order to cede it to the city for something.
It would be a perfect place for an interstate ramp for Town Madison to get right onto the interstate. I know they've already got one going East, but this would be really convenient. It'd be even better if that could be an exit coming from the East somehow into Town Madison.

Old 06-11-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
It would be a perfect place for an interstate ramp for Town Madison to get right onto the interstate. I know they've already got one going East, but this would be really convenient. It'd be even better if that could be an exit coming from the East somehow into Town Madison.
They used to talk about the Zierdt Rd interchange, but it was (partially) built a mile or so to the west. Having an entrance to 565 eastbound would be fairly easy and relatively inexpensive, but an exit heading west would cost a bit.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:59 AM

156 posts, read 179,333 times
Another 336 apartments coming to downtown. This will be next to Council Park along St. Clair.

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/5759...ill-park-block

Old 06-13-2022, 09:46 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,666,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL2HSV View Post
Another 336 apartments coming to downtown. This will be next to Council Park along St. Clair.

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/5759...ill-park-block
In addition to Phase 3 of City Centre, a block away. From a post earlier
Downtown at City Centre, phase 3, will be 273 apartments in a 6 story building which will also include a 6 story 436 space parking deck which sounds like the extra spaces could be used for the AC Hotel or possibly VBC events. It will be located across from downtown public library at the corner of Monroe and Davis Circle. The front will face Monroe Street and the Embassy Suite hotel. There will also be a couple of ground level retail spaces available on the northwest corner nearest Big Spring Park.

That whole area between Big Spring and Governors Dr is becoming very dense with downtown residents.

Last edited by AU HSV; 06-13-2022 at 10:31 AM..

Old 06-13-2022, 10:28 AM

156 posts, read 179,333 times
It has been a pretty big transformation for downtown. Belk Hudson kicked off the apartment building in 2012. Since then there have been 514 apartments completed, 497 currently under construction, and 1,109 planned just in downtown. From just a handful of condos to 2,120 units is a big leap in 10 years.

This doesn't include the apartments west of Governors being built and planned(The Range, Stovehouse Lofts, 9th and Seminole), or the ones along Pratt Ave.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:53 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,666,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
In addition to Phase 3 of City Centre, a block away. From a post earlier
Downtown at City Centre, phase 3, will be 273 apartments in a 6 story building which will also include a 6 story 436 space parking deck which sounds like the extra spaces could be used for the AC Hotel or possibly VBC events. It will be located across from downtown public library at the corner of Monroe and Davis Circle. The front will face Monroe Street and the Embassy Suite hotel. There will also be a couple of ground level retail spaces available on the northwest corner nearest Big Spring Park.

That whole area between Big Spring and Governors Dr is becoming very dense with downtown residents.
There will be enough density downtown to support a major retailer like Target and even another grocer in addition to Publix and on a smaller scale DG market. Real interesting to see what will locate at the Coke site, Constellation and the developments along St. Clair.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
There will be enough density downtown to support a major retailer like Target and even another grocer in addition to Publix and on a smaller scale DG market. Real interesting to see what will locate at the Coke site, Constellation and the developments along St. Clair.
A mixed use residential/office building, more than 6 stories - 25 or 30 - would be nice to give the city a semblance of a skyline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area