Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2018, 08:32 PM

169 posts, read 208,142 times

Advertisements

High Point climbing just posted to that social network place that they're still shooting for the fall of 2018. So they should be breaking out the shovels at MidCity fairly soon. They're building a facility in Memphis as well, work already underway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 08:49 PM

13,472 posts, read 9,979,020 times
Any word on what's being built at Constellation now? I drove by there today and there appears to be some foundation work for something going on.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:59 AM

766 posts, read 1,128,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDreamer View Post
As hinted by several sources, Rascal Flatts live music restaurant might come to Midcity Huntsville. There is only one restaurant currently in Stamford, CT and it seems like it is also planning to open in multiple major cities.

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh...tys-music.html
Is Huntsville's music landscape set for radical change? | AL.com

Kudos for discovering that Rascal Flatts live music restaurant is considering locating at Mid City. I looked at the website for the Stamford, CT location and the prices on the menu there are too high for the local market. For example, appetizers are $15 and the Chicken and Waffles are $25. Who is going to pay that kind of price when Metro Diner has the same thing for $15?

Stamford, CT is in probably the wealthiest county in America and you add to that the novelty of Southern food (they don't have any Waffle Houses) and you can charge those kind of prices. I hope that I am wrong, but I'm afraid that Rascal Flatt's Restaurant could end up with the same fate as two high end restaurants in the early days of Bridge Street - Ketchup and Dolce. The other location for Ketchup was Beverly Hills, CA, so it was a case of overestimating the market potential of the Huntsville area which I think may happen with Rascal Flatts, too. Puckett's Grocery Restaurant from Nashville would probably be a better fit for this market - they have an awesome Breakfast Buffet and live music, too.

Speaking of Ketchup, the reason it was in Bridge Street in the first place is that the original developers were from L.A. (One of them founded Kinko's Copies) and for that reason Bridge Street is a copy of a high end shopping center there called The Grove which is located adjacent to the L.A. Farmers Market. The movie theatre at The Grove looks just like Monaco at Bridge Street (has the dome) and the department store there is a Nordstrom which considered Bridge Street at one time. If you are ever in L.A. visit the Farmers Market (it's misnamed as it is now the ultimate food court) and you will see how The Grove shopping center looks similar.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:09 PM

198 posts, read 253,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
Kudos for discovering that Rascal Flatts live music restaurant is considering locating at Mid City. I looked at the website for the Stamford, CT location and the prices on the menu there are too high for the local market. For example, appetizers are $15 and the Chicken and Waffles are $25. Who is going to pay that kind of price when Metro Diner has the same thing for $15?

Stamford, CT is in probably the wealthiest county in America and you add to that the novelty of Southern food (they don't have any Waffle Houses) and you can charge those kind of prices. I hope that I am wrong, but I'm afraid that Rascal Flatt's Restaurant could end up with the same fate as two high end restaurants in the early days of Bridge Street - Ketchup and Dolce. The other location for Ketchup was Beverly Hills, CA, so it was a case of overestimating the market potential of the Huntsville area which I think may happen with Rascal Flatts, too. Puckett's Grocery Restaurant from Nashville would probably be a better fit for this market - they have an awesome Breakfast Buffet and live music, too.

Speaking of Ketchup, the reason it was in Bridge Street in the first place is that the original developers were from L.A. (One of them founded Kinko's Copies) and for that reason Bridge Street is a copy of a high end shopping center there called The Grove which is located adjacent to the L.A. Farmers Market. The movie theatre at The Grove looks just like Monaco at Bridge Street (has the dome) and the department store there is a Nordstrom which considered Bridge Street at one time. If you are ever in L.A. visit the Farmers Market (it's misnamed as it is now the ultimate food court) and you will see how The Grove shopping center looks similar.
So basically you think the Rascal Flatts prices will cause All locations to close like Ketchup and Dolce? What was their cause for national closing? People often blame Huntsville for closing of things nationwide just like Veloce but we know what was wrong with that.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:02 PM

3,472 posts, read 4,901,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Any word on what's being built at Constellation now? I drove by there today and there appears to be some foundation work for something going on.
They aren't really ever going to build anything there. That place is just a test site to see if it is possible to wear dirt out. lol

Old 04-24-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
They aren't really ever going to build anything there. That place is just a test site to see if it is possible to wear dirt out. lol
Yeah, quite possible true. They were digging up some huge pieces of concrete, I suppose left over from when the Heart of Huntsville was there. Some of it looks really thick.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:13 PM

117 posts, read 319,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post

Considering cost of living in Huntsville, it should probably be cheaper. And I wouldn't mind to pay a little bit more if there is a live music going on. $25 for a chicken waffle does sound pretty expensive though.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:12 PM

46 posts, read 57,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Lol... That's hilarious!

Old 04-25-2018, 09:34 AM

198 posts, read 253,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
McLain says “foundation work is underway.”

“At some point we will have a groundbreaking, but I want us to have some vertical construction by then. We also have a municipal process to complete first, which is a daily effort.”

Old 04-25-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
McLain says “foundation work is underway.”

“At some point we will have a groundbreaking, but I want us to have some vertical construction by then. We also have a municipal process to complete first, which is a daily effort.”
Wonder what that is? Building permits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area