Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 06:07 AM

226 posts, read 392,984 times

Advertisements

Aloft hotel coming to MidCity; said to be six stories tall. I've stayed at one in Birmingham; really nice hotel brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 07:01 AM

410 posts, read 704,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
Aloft hotel coming to MidCity; said to be six stories tall. I've stayed at one in Birmingham; really nice hotel brand.
Very nice, MidCity is really rolling along with a good mix of entertainment, restaurants and hotels. Rumors REI is coming as well. I wonder if they're waiting on that to see if they can get the movie theater relocated. I imagine they want the lake/park area to be bigger and REI would do kayak and boat rentals on site.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:10 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,625,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Very nice, MidCity is really rolling along with a good mix of entertainment, restaurants and hotels. Rumors REI is coming as well. I wonder if they're waiting on that to see if they can get the movie theater relocated. I imagine they want the lake/park area to be bigger and REI would do kayak and boat rentals on site.
Why would the Madison Square Luxury Cinemas want to relocate after they spent $3 million to renovate a few years ago and threatened to sue Huntsville when it wanted to condemn the property to appease the MidCity developer.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:13 PM

410 posts, read 704,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Why would the Madison Square Luxury Cinemas want to relocate after they spent $3 million to renovate a few years ago and threatened to sue Huntsville when it wanted to condemn the property to appease the MidCity developer.
I'm not saying they'll move, I'm saying MidCity developers may still be trying to get them to move. I'm sure MidCity would love a movie theater as part of the development (see the rendering), just not in that location. If MidCity developers want it bad enough (and Madison Square agrees to move), they'll pay the money to help build in a new spot.

http://rcpcompanies.com/wp-content/u...stric01_dc.png

Last edited by toosie; 06-06-2018 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: TOS - image copyright

Old 06-06-2018, 01:59 PM

198 posts, read 253,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
I'm not saying they'll move, I'm saying MidCity developers may still be trying to get them to move. I'm sure MidCity would love a movie theater as part of the development (see the rendering), just not in that location. If MidCity developers want it bad enough (and Madison Square agrees to move), they'll pay the money to help build in a new spot.
I expect it to be a Studio Movie Grill. If not Town Madison will get that.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:25 PM

13,521 posts, read 10,012,136 times
There's a new packet of information from the Monday evening meeting on Town Madison. It's on the Edgewater neighborhood site, which is passworded for the residents, and I'm not sure if it's widely available yet or not. There's nothing really earth-shattering in it, just some sketches, aerial images, etc. Another new "limited service" hotel is expected to be announced soon. I don't know what that type of hotel that is. It's in addition to the Margaritaville hotel and the Home2Suites.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:30 AM

226 posts, read 392,984 times
Does anyone think Huntsville/Madison can (and eventually will) be able to support either a 3rd Sam's Club OR a 2nd Costco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
There's a new packet of information from the Monday evening meeting on Town Madison. It's on the Edgewater neighborhood site, which is passworded for the residents, and I'm not sure if it's widely available yet or not. There's nothing really earth-shattering in it, just some sketches, aerial images, etc. Another new "limited service" hotel is expected to be announced soon. I don't know what that type of hotel that is. It's in addition to the Margaritaville hotel and the Home2Suites.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:37 AM

127 posts, read 112,506 times
Quote:
Does anyone think Huntsville/Madison can (and eventually will) be able to support either a 3rd Sam's Club OR a 2nd Costco?
A third Sam's is more likely than a 2nd Costco. Costco's strategy is to open in a central, busy area and wait until the existing locations are bursting at the seams before opening another. Case in point: Nashville only has 2 locations and Birmingham still has just 1.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:51 AM

375 posts, read 520,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBravesFan View Post
Staff at Jerry Damson told my husband that they were building a new service center and asked if he would prefer having his Honda serviced there rather than at the Bob Wallace location. AFAIK, they will not be selling cars at the new location, only servicing cars.
Jerry Damson is actually moving the Honda dealership to the location on Highway 72 across from Providence and the Lexus dealership. The current facility will remain as a service-only center.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:09 AM

13,521 posts, read 10,012,136 times
Quote:
If they base it on use, a new Costco would be possible. Every time I go it's really crowded. I haven't been to Sam's in a while ... in fact, we dropped our membership there this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area