Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 AM

346 posts, read 851,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
I've heard Point Mallard will be adding a Lazy River for next summer.

That would be awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 AM

71 posts, read 143,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer64 View Post
The owner (of the Hsv Stars) is saying if they don't have a new stadium in the next few years he will shop the team around until he finds a city that will build a stadium d/t.
That tactic is so 1994. Let them bail and we'll just get another f'ing minor league ball team that would be more than delighted to play in Joe Davis.

That or we could just do without a baseball team. I don't see why it would kill us to do without one and use the money we'd save by not coddling them to build a nice aquarium, zoo, or museum for the smart kids to enjoy.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:50 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
What about the water park? Is it really coming?

Old 07-29-2010, 09:25 AM

143 posts, read 358,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
What about the water park? Is it really coming?
I don't think so. I try to keep my ear to the ground on any upcoming developments and the only one I've heard of in the last 5 years was the "River Country" Mega development that was being proposed for the site that Point Mallard sits on now.

The plans called for Retail, condos, an aquarium, a complete overhaul/modernization of the current water park, same with the golf course, amphitheater, etc....

Basically the company that was proposing it was trying to get the land from the city of Decatur b/c Point Mallard is owned and operated by the city. I think Decatur balked at the idea and it died on the table. They had a webpage up with some really nice renderings but it has since died. I'm attempting to attach an old rendering of the masterplan for the site...don't know if it worked
Attached Thumbnails
New things coming to Huntsville-rc_masterplan.gif  

Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 PM

63 posts, read 158,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
What are you talking about for #3? I know that UAH has been talking about losing their hockey team, and that the Stars were talking about leaving. Anything else?
UAH is not loosing the Hockey Team, they just lost the conference they use to be in. Now they are independent.

The new Head Coach, Luongo said he expects to have an exciting season and will be getting more UAH Hockey games in Huntsville, Birmingham (Pelham) and Nashville partnering with the Predators.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:21 PM

346 posts, read 851,230 times
Joann's is coming to Huntsville and will locate in the old Linens-n-Things location across from Madison Square Mall....per Huntsville Development News's FB page.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:59 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamachic80 View Post
Joann's is coming to Huntsville and will locate in the old Linens-n-Things location across from Madison Square Mall....per Huntsville Development News's FB page.
FINALLY! I have 2 clients that are both seamstresses that drive to Nashville and Birmingham for fabric...Joann's typically has a nice selection. Good to know!

Old 08-07-2010, 08:46 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmontg View Post
UAH is not loosing the Hockey Team, they just lost the conference they use to be in. Now they are independent.

The new Head Coach, Luongo said he expects to have an exciting season and will be getting more UAH Hockey games in Huntsville, Birmingham (Pelham) and Nashville partnering with the Predators.
But the problem as I understood it was that without a conference they'd have a lot of trouble scheduling a full season and thus staying D1 after their current contracts run out.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 PM

93 posts, read 201,209 times
Seth Parker can u let us know on the big secret that was supposed to have been announced by now

Old 09-17-2010, 08:40 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_G View Post
FINALLY! I have 2 clients that are both seamstresses that drive to Nashville and Birmingham for fabric...Joann's typically has a nice selection. Good to know!
Tell them to try Sirs' Fabrics in Fayetteville...closer (if Joann's hasn't opened yet), huge selection in two buildings across the street from each other, low cost.
People come from Nashville and Birmingham to shop there.
It's just of the northeast side of the square.

And no, I have no connection to the place, other than some of my money ending up there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area