Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 07:02 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,801,672 times

Advertisements

Not to get too far off topic, but I wish that they would rebuild Dairy Ashford north and south of Memorial while they're at it.

I make a point to avoid the businesses on Dairy Ashford between Memorial and I-10, since the road beats up my car so much.

Anyone know if DA reconstruction is in the works anytime soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 08:22 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,138,605 times
There's some money in the plan for 2019 to widen Dairy Ashford to 6 lanes from MKemorial to Buffalo Bayou, maybe they'll fix it up north of Memorial as well?

Kirkwood is much worse though, I thought that was coming up sooner but now can't find it anywhere.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:41 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,044,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
What I don't understand is how that section of Wilcrest got to go first.

It wasn't bad by Houston standards at all. maybe a Pothole or two,while Kirkwood between the bayou and Briar Forest literally has road missing. It's like the movie 2012, where the road is crumbling away and opening up into the core. i never go down there anymore, but then I have no reason to go south to Westhiemer either.

Did anyone see the sinkhole in front of Memorial Drive Church? It was about three feet deep. They covered it with a huge metal plate, but something went wrong and there was a car down in it last week. Soooo, don't drive in the right lane over there. Yikes.
That is because Wilcrest onwards there are only strip malls and schools and businesses. Its only East of gessner the beautiful Memorial drive starts and I am sure they ll preserve it.

There are already signs in Gessner that reads "Stop Gessner widening".

And Kirkwood can be renamed to crackedroad drive . Even though they have fixed parts of them near the bayou.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,541,599 times
So if it starts in Spring of 2016, how long is this project supposed to last? We all know how this goes. The roads and the traffic in the construction zone area will be terrible until it is completed.

Six months? A year? More?

Old 12-10-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So if it starts in Spring of 2016, how long is this project supposed to last? We all know how this goes. The roads and the traffic in the construction zone area will be terrible until it is completed.

Six months? A year? More?
Two years I think, I fear for my evening commute. Although one proposal had them starting from both ends at the same time I guess to shorten the impact.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:09 AM

5,638 posts, read 4,965,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
Two years I think, I fear for my evening commute. Although one proposal had them starting from both ends at the same time I guess to shorten the impact.
The City Council vote summary specifies 860 estimated calendar days of construction.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
There's some money in the plan for 2019 to widen Dairy Ashford to 6 lanes from MKemorial to Buffalo Bayou, maybe they'll fix it up north of Memorial as well?

Kirkwood is much worse though, I thought that was coming up sooner but now can't find it anywhere.
Why are they widening Dairy Ashford there? It's only congested on weekdays at rush hour, and really just the evening rush hour. That doesn't justify a widening, especially if funding is constrained. Though perhaps I can see the desire to keep the same number of lanes from Westheimer up to the Katy Freeway, but still, a low priority in my book.

Now, reconstruction of the existing roadway, given its condition, is another matter. Plus improving the sidewalks, which access Terry Hershey Park and Stratford HS.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:13 AM

the horror.....

Old 12-10-2015, 12:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,541,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
The City Council vote summary specifies 860 estimated calendar days of construction.
Do you happen to have a link for that? Maybe they have some planning documents, or a summary or something there as well.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Do you happen to have a link for that? Maybe they have some planning documents, or a summary or something there as well.
Check out the Memorial Super Neighborhood website:

CIP Memorial Drive Reconstruction - MemorialSN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston