Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 11:16 AM

39 posts, read 98,595 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Houston from San Antonio. We loved our pediatrician there and hoping to find something similar. We have a 1 and a 2 year old so we make lots of visits!!

It's a long wish list-I realize I may not be able to find all these things but if anyone knows of an office that sounds similar please let me know. Thanks so much!!!!

Group practice-enough doctors that someone can squeeze us in if something comes up.

Germ concious-Waiting rooms with a sick side and a well side-this is a big one for me!! Our last office also made newborn appts the first ones of the day so they didn't get exposed to all the cooties flying around with sick kids later in the day.

Nice waiting area- would love one that has movies playing and no toys out. Our last one also had model trains hung from the ceiling-does a great job of distracting toddlers during long waits.

Some technology-Computer systems to track patient info, show me growth charts, etc. If they can send prescriptions to the pharmacy automatically it would be awesome!

A front office that knows what they're doing and is generally friendly.

I'd like my primary doctor to be a woman and mom

We'll live near the med center so we could go there or anywhere in the general area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 11:25 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,122,562 times
Have you tried Texas Children's Pediatrics?

We used one of the TCP branches up in The Woodlands when we lived there. LOVED our doctor.

They had a separate area for sick kids and records were well kept. Every time we left after a well-check, we got a slip with the kids' current stats as well as proper dosages of Tylenol & Motrin for their ages/weights.

*Bernadette S.*Haggerty,,*M.D., F.A.A.P.*

I've heard a lot of good things about Dr. Haggerty (female).

My cousin takes their kids to the Fanin branch:

TCPA-Fannin, Texas Children's Pediatric Associates, Houston, TX (http://www.texaschildrenspediatrics.org/locations/barer-miller-rossell.aspx - broken link)

I think her doc is Dr. Barer (male) but she's had a lot of positive things to say about the office & other docs, too.

Good luck!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 PM

739 posts, read 2,135,391 times
I have been with Piney Point Pediatircs (Dr. Robert Halpin) for over 16 years. I have a son and daughter. Dr. Halpin is great. There are 2 female doctors in his practice but I would not change him for the world. State of the art medical equipment, excellent bedside manners. Just called him this morning and brought my 12 year old daughter in for flu-like symptoms. His number is 713-781-7907.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:31 AM

29 posts, read 99,812 times
www.kaganpediatrics.com

The best

Old 02-03-2010, 08:58 AM

3 posts, read 9,908 times
V.I.P Pediatrics - Dr. Woolens - Located off Buffalo Speedway and Holcombe

Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,122,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Have you tried Texas Children's Pediatrics?

We used one of the TCP branches up in The Woodlands when we lived there. LOVED our doctor.

They had a separate area for sick kids and records were well kept. Every time we left after a well-check, we got a slip with the kids' current stats as well as proper dosages of Tylenol & Motrin for their ages/weights.

*Bernadette S.*Haggerty,,*M.D., F.A.A.P.*

I've heard a lot of good things about Dr. Haggerty (female).
My mistake: I thought Dr. Haggerty had an office in the Medical Center. Sorry!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:55 PM

4 posts, read 9,651 times
The Texas Children's Pediatric Associate office located off of 59 and Greenbriar is a great location. Good physicians and staff. We are frequent visitors of the location and they are also open on Saturdays....which helps.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 PM

39 posts, read 98,595 times
Cool Thank you!

Appreciate all the replies! We are going to start checking out the offices closest to our house. Thank you all so much!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:46 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbell View Post
We take our son to Dr. Kagan too, both he and his son (both are Dr. Kagans...) are excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston