Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:26 PM

232 posts, read 702,906 times

Advertisements

again, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
The historical facts? You mean like last week?

I could care less if it is fastest growing religion. Mold grows fast also.

And I am dealing with it - I hold it up to the bright light of day every chance I get. A vampire in the skin of a sheep. Unlike most I have read through the Quran and Hadith. I'm sorry - I was sickened.

Just because the West is tolerant doesn't mean it is going to allow itself to be shoved back into the dark ages.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,553,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbfree007 View Post
Well, buddy, Islam is here to stay so deal with it. Its probably the fastest growing religion in the country.
That's factually true, but its continued growth will rely heavily on immigration and high birth rates rather than conversions:
Quote:
Buddhism and Islam are the fastest-growing religions in percentage terms [both are tied at 0.7% of the population], though from small bases. Buddhism's growth is principally through conversion of native-born Americans and secondarily through East and Southeast Asian immigration; Islam has the opposite pattern, growing mainly through immigration from the Middle East and South Asia. Converts to Islam are mostly from Protestant churches; converts to Buddhism come from Protestant churches, Catholicism, and Judaism in rough proportion to population.
The problem Islam has in getting converts in non-Muslim majority countries have to do with the rigors of adopting the religion - it (1) forbids alcohol consumption, (2) forbids gambling, (3) forbids consumption of pork and some kinds of seafood and (4) requires fasting for one lunar month a year. These rigors, combined with the lack of punishment for apostasy (prison time in moderate Muslim countries like Malaysia and execution in conservative ones like Saudi Arabia and Iran) will present a challenge to Islam, in terms of adherents in the US leaving the faith - for some other religion or for no religion at all. The problem isn't unique to the US - a Libyan imam talks about Islam's difficulties in Africa:
Quote:
Interviewer: Our topic this evening will be Christianization in the Dark Continent ... Africa. For after Islam was the religion of the majority, the great majority of that continent, the number of Muslims now is no greater than a third of the population. This is taking into consideration, of course, that a large portion of this group are Arab Muslims. No doubt that the missions of evangelization and Christianization played a great role in this demographic shift of Muslims in the continent.

Imam: Islam used to represent, as you previously mentioned, Africa's main religion and there were 30 African languages that used to be written in Arabic script. The number of Muslims in Africa has diminished to 316 million, half of whom are Arabs in North Africa. So in the section of Africa that we are talking about, the non Arab section, the number of Muslims does not exceed 150 million people. When we realize that the entire population of Africa is one billion people, we see that the number of Muslims has diminished greatly from what it was in the beginning of the last century. On the other hand, the number of Catholics has increased from one million in 1902 to 329 million 882 thousand (329,882,000). Let us round off that number to 330 million in the year 2000.

As to how that happened, well there are now 1.5 million churches whose congregations account for 46 million people. In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity. These numbers are very large indeed.
Part of the problem, according to the imam, is the overwhelming financial edge wielded by Christian missionary organizations:
Quote:
Imam: My dear sir, in one year, these Christian missionary organizations collected 194 billion dollars. The national budget of all Arab countries combined don't equal that number.
This kind of financial firepower is reflected in domestic evangelical efforts that probably played a part in the recent custody drama in Florida over a Muslim apostate - Rifqa Bary - who fled her Ohio-based family after admitting to leaving Islam.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:00 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,455,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbfree007 View Post
Well, buddy, Islam is here to stay so deal with it. Its probably the fastest growing religion in the country. I'm sure if you read more into the spiritual side of it rather than just the historical facts you can see the beauty of it.
I wonder how many Germans said the same thing in 1939?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:28 PM

711 posts, read 1,860,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
Just because the West is tolerant doesn't mean it is going to allow itself to be shoved back into the dark ages.
If the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, and Sweden are any indication, that's exactly what's happening.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM

711 posts, read 1,860,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
The problem Islam has in getting converts in non-Muslim majority countries have to do with the rigors of adopting the religion
That's why Muslims target prison populations rather than the general population. Prisons are already rigorous, and resentment is an easy emotion to channel into religious fervor.
Quote:
These rigors, combined with the lack of punishment for apostasy
Lack of formal punishment. Honor killings are surprisingly widespread.
Quote:
Part of the problem, according to the imam, is the overwhelming financial edge wielded by Christian missionary organizations
Muslims lie. A lot. This is one of them. If they have all that money, where are the Christian missionaries building monuments like Houston's Da'wa Center? You are aware that "da'wa" means "proselytize"? The entire purpose of the center is to convert you to Islam, and I guarantee Houston's tiny Muslim population couldn't afford it. It was almost certainly built with Saudi or other foreign money, part of the "money weapon" aspect of the global jihad.

The imam's second lie: Islam was once the main religion in Africa. That was only ever true in north Africa, and then only because the Muslims slaughtered or forcibly converted the indigenous Christians who constituted the majority there. And by the way, unlike Islam Christianity wasn't spread by the sword in north Africa. In central and southern Africa Islam was always a non-entity until the last century, when Muslims started a concerted campaign of mass slaughter and ethnic cleansing in Biafra, Somalia, Sudan, Nigeria, and northern Kenya, greatly aided by Western weapon sales and UN demands that refugee populations disarm themselves (which just makes them more vulnerable).

Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM

232 posts, read 702,906 times
A large sum of the money came from Hakeem Olajuwon and Saudi financier (royal family).

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
I guarantee Houston's tiny Muslim population couldn't afford it. It was almost certainly built with Saudi or other foreign money, part of the "money weapon" aspect of the global jihad. ...).

Old 09-01-2009, 11:53 PM

140 posts, read 293,837 times
Lol @ how this thread turned from admiration of a really nice architectural piece of work into a fight about how those evil Muslims are going to take over and kill all your daughters.

lol

Old 09-02-2009, 04:48 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,173,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaomao View Post
Lol @ how this thread turned from admiration of a really nice architectural piece of work into a fight about how those evil Muslims are going to take over and kill all your daughters.

lol
I agree.

Come on folks, let's get back on track or I'll have to close the thread.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:20 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,455,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaomao View Post

lol
A fight? Who is fighting? I don't really see any irrational comments like the ones you seem to be making right here.

As for the topic itself, I guess if we had stayed on, this thread would be a page long, and full of "nice pics!" comments.

Sounds positively boring to me!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:18 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,498,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
A fight? Who is fighting? I don't really see any irrational comments like the ones you seem to be making right here.

As for the topic itself, I guess if we had stayed on, this thread would be a page long, and full of "nice pics!" comments.

Sounds positively boring to me!
When it's time to talk nitty-gritty about a batty group of religious nuts, We'll get the ball rolling by posting a few photos of that La Luz Del Mundo monstrosity on 59. Maybe jfre can get the photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston