Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 PM

58 posts, read 186,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedLane View Post
Everything is so new around here, that you cannot count on reviews or "reputation", at least on the Internet.
Hopefully, the day-care would be as good as the schools....
Has any of you have experience with a very good day-care, or maybe
had a bad experience with one?
It would help also to know what to avoid to narrow the choices.

Thanks
Hey SpeedLane.

There is a new daycare center next to the new
elementary school that opens later this month.
Don't know anything about it, but they have a
website. I think it's posted on a sign in front of
it. There is also the "Imagination" center right
in front of the subdivision. There are two options
very close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM

14 posts, read 36,677 times
Howdy All,
We have built a home in WLN and will close in just a few weeks. I've been pleased with the community but i'd really like to complain about the builder, or at least their sales tactics. I mean, EVERYTHINGs an upgrade! Why cant they just put it all out there and let you decline stuff if you don't want?

Are there any young professionals in this neighborhood? Any couples w/o kids?

Old 11-30-2009, 12:44 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,456,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambk09 View Post
Howdy All,
We have built a home in WLN and will close in just a few weeks. I've been pleased with the community but i'd really like to complain about the builder, or at least their sales tactics. I mean, EVERYTHINGs an upgrade! Why cant they just put it all out there and let you decline stuff if you don't want?

Are there any young professionals in this neighborhood? Any couples w/o kids?
Who is your builder?

Old 11-30-2009, 12:53 PM

Cr

Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,223,877 times
WL is a lot less expensive than Seven Meadows and Cinco. It is not as nice and will not appreciate nearly as well. That said, if the budget says WL - it is a nice neighborhood. It will always trail Cinco in value and appreciation - but benefits from the nearness.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 PM

108 posts, read 231,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambk09 View Post
Cr
Ah.

I went with DR Horton, a lot of stuff came standard with my house that is an option nearly everywhere else (such as thermal barrier).

Different builders have different sales tactics.

Also, WLN has a lot of young professionals (makes sense given the price range of the community) and on my block there seems to be many couples without children.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:12 AM

454 posts, read 1,587,644 times
My wife and I are both young professionals but we have 2 small children. Our neighbors who just moved in are also young professionals w/o kids. I think our street now has 4 completed houses, but 3 of the 4 have children. Moving to the suburbs is kind of a family thing to do, most young couples I know without children live near the Galleria or inside the loop.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:57 AM

CoderGeed & Lane Change, which side of the neighborhood do you guys live in? We're on Sweet Orchid.
Well put, because we're moving out of the Galleria area. How could anybody continue to pay rent and pass up on a 4.5% interest rate? I mean, they practically gave the money away.

Oh, and TechShield Barrier or whatever was one of the FEW things that came standard with a CR home. The sales guy at WLN seems like a nice enough guy (seems to be as close of a straight shooter as you might get) but we delt with another sales guy that was just awful. So I don't think I will ever recomend anybody doing business with CR.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:57 AM

454 posts, read 1,587,644 times
I live in Section 10 on the right when you first enter WLN from 1093. I believe the first street is Planters Heath.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:25 AM

3 posts, read 10,344 times
Hello. I have a question about a home lot we found to build on in Westheimer Lakes North. Everything is perfect about the lot for us, except they mentioned that in the back, there is a reserve. What are the short term and long term consequences of this, if any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston