Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:08 PM

61 posts, read 273,294 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this community? I am very particular about the communities we have looked into. We love cinco ranch and we discovered that there is another community called Westheimer lakes north right by it. However can anyone let me know what kind of people I should expect over there? A sales rep told me westheimer lakes north are more for lower income families. Not sure what she meant by this. Is this true? When we drove by it seemed nice. We are down to Cinco Ranch but since discovering this place I am so curious about it. I know they use the same schools as Cino-Ranchers they will soon be connected to Cinco Ranch via the new Fry Road. Please help with our decision.thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 PM

42 posts, read 216,943 times
Hi, I also just came across Westheimer Lakes North today while searching for houses. I see that there are no reply's to your post and was wondering if you have since found out any other info about this neighborhood. We actually have relatives in Cinco Ranch, which I think is very near WLN. I will see if I can get some info and pass it along if you like. Tiffany

Old 06-18-2007, 08:16 AM

5 posts, read 47,884 times
Default Westheimer Lakes North

We are relocating from Clear Lake Area (SE of Houston) to Katy area and I am wondering if anyone currently lives in West. Lakes north and can gime me an idea of the type of families that live here ....we also looked at 7 Meadows but the prices are nearly 30-50K higher for the same exact home models...Why is this??
Thanks for your input!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:15 AM

103 posts, read 438,020 times
Hi there!
I checked this place out quite a bit a few weeks ago. Our "perfect" house was there, however, it wasn't the right location for us. We were looking for more amenities within our subdivision and a more scenic, eye appealing area as well. What we did like was that it was gated. The people within were diverse and I saw children playing outside; it seemed like a typical neighborhood. One bonus is it's quick access to the Westpark Tollway.

Why is it a lot cheaper than neighboring Seven Meadows? - First of all, it's considered Richmond (your mailing address will be Richmond) and it's in the Lamar Consolidated School District. Secondly, it's not as "nice" visually as Seven Meadows and Cinco Ranch. Just a quick drive through both and you'll see the difference. And just the fact that it's not Katy makes it cheaper. I personally feel that if you don't care about being in the "Katy" area you could save a lot of money by buying here, it's so close to all that Katy provides without the price tag. There's a sales rep for Perry Homes named Kathy there that was a pleasure to deal with. She was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to help us out. It just wasn't the place for us.

Good luck to you!

Old 06-19-2007, 12:06 PM

Hi there,

We actually looked here too on a recent visit to Houston. I just wanted to clarify the 1st response. Westheimer Lakes is a gated community, in Richmond and Lamar ISD. Westheimer Lakes North is not gated, is in Katy and in Katy ISD. Guess it's the highway that divides the two. We liked the idea of the gated community, but we would rather have Katy ISD. We looked at a Westin home in WLN and the agent did tell us that the houses in 7 Meadows do run about 30K more. I think I would attribute that to a more established neighborhood. I do know that if you are in WLN you do have access to the amenites in WL. They are building a rec center of their own in WLN though. Don't know if either will be as nice as 7 Meadows, but if I can get the school district and house that I want, I can make a few sacrifices! Hope that helps!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 47,884 times
Thanks for your input!
We are ONLY looking on the KATY side of this subdivision for the School district for our children...but I am with you...For $30,000 in upgrades that we couldn't afford in Seven meadows and the school district we want...we are seriously considering it..I was just posting to see if anyone who lived LOCALLY in Katy had any comments??
Thanks-

Old 06-19-2007, 05:06 PM

Ok, me again,

When we visited Katy, we stayed with my husband's cousin and their four children. They have lived in Cinco Ranch for 3 years and were also seriously considering Westheimer Lakes North - so I consider that a pretty good plug from a local. We've actually been in touch quite frequently with a salesperson from Westin homes who has been so helpful, which I appreciate. I'll get our cousin to ask around to some of their friends about this new area and let you know what they find out!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:06 PM

66 posts, read 449,431 times
Default Take a look at firethorne

We just purchased in Firethrone and the house we are building is a good 50,000 less then in seven meadows... once the area is done it will be beautiful... it actually is very pretty as it is right now and it is defiently in the Katy isd. good luck

Old 06-29-2007, 03:14 PM

47 posts, read 262,696 times
Default I live in WLN

I live and work in Westheimer Lakes North, and love it. I am from Louisiana, and we have developed a great sense of community here. I have personally arranged seasonal neighborhood parties, to meet your neighbors. It has been really nice.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:42 PM

47 posts, read 262,696 times
Default I live in WLN

I live and work in Westheimer Lakes North, and love it. My family and I moved here from Meraux, Louisiana displaced by Hurricane Katrina. No we are not crooks or drug dealers, my wife is a teacher at Seven Lakes and I am a realtor. We have established a real sense of community here. There is a wide range of housing here, and we are in Katy ISD. It was hard being forced to move somewhere new, but we are trully happy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston