Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,268 times

Advertisements

We were able to get out our contract with Entouch this year also. We live in Westheimer Lakes south and were very unhappy with Entouch. You have to have Entouch for over 1 year before you can get out. Also, we wish we had more ammenities like Cinco Ranch. We are happy with our house though. It is a Kimball Hill home and is our second one. A shame that they went out of business. Also we are in a gated area and have to have a card because our ez tags do not seem to work with the reader here. We were able to get ATT over here, but I don't think that they are in the katy area.

Last edited by roxyspitfire; 03-28-2010 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 01:08 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyspitfire View Post
We were able to get out our contract with Entouch this year also. We live in Westheimer Lakes south and were very unhappy with Entouch. You have to have Entouch for over 1 year before you can get out. Also, we wish we had more ammenities like Cinco Ranch. We are happy with our house though. It is a Kimball Hill home and is our second one. A shame that they went out of business. Also we are in a gated area and have to have a card because our ez tags do not seem to work with the reader here. We were able to get ATT over here, but I don't think that they are in the katy area.
We got out of our Entouch contract and only had them for about 6 months.
I think the amenities here are just fine.
I personally don't need all the extra stuff and extra cost in home prices, HOA fees, etc. that come with having more amenities.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 PM

4 posts, read 9,015 times
Hi LAne Change sorry it's been so long. Our home is being built now and it is a pretty big lot but was only $5K more. We will move in in June. OUr home is 2800 SQ ft so not too bad for our first home especially since my condo in SD is 980 sf. Ha ha. I am tired I just got off from a 12 hour shift but wnated to say hi and we will be there soon. You are no longer in WLN??

Old 04-12-2010, 09:56 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
I know I'm late on this thread. Where is WLN located?

Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 PM

430 posts, read 1,256,930 times
It's located a few miles west of the Grand Parkway (TX99) on FM 1093 (Katy area).

Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
OK! It must be as large as Cinco Ranch (heard a lot of it)!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:22 AM

31 posts, read 128,278 times
For those who have gotten out of your Entouch contract, how did you do it?

We are closing on a house we're buying that's in short sale (what a pain ) and I've read a lot about Entouch and the problems.

So, I don't have them now...and maybe I'll get lucky and won't...but if I do, I want to know how to get out of the contract.

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 AM

454 posts, read 1,586,101 times
You will have to wait until next year for the option to get out of your contract. At that point you can simply send a letter to the POA and let them know of your dissatisfaction with their services and prices and whatever else you want to blame your departure on, you will pay a $400 termination fee that will come out of your annual dues, and then you will have your contract and annual dues cancelled for as long as you own the home. However in the future when you sell the home, your new buyer will be required to continue with the Entouch bundle services assuming that it was still required like it is today.

San Diego - No, I still live in WLN.

Bulldawg - Not even close. WLN is a small community right between Cinco Ranch on the East and Cross Creek Ranch on the West....I like the location as far as being in between two major developments, but WLN is much smaller, but the home prices are around $50k+ less for the same sq/ft, lot, etc... and personally I think Westin has the best looking aesthetics for any builder for homes under $400k.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bands321 View Post
For those who have gotten out of your Entouch contract, how did you do it?

We are closing on a house we're buying that's in short sale (what a pain ) and I've read a lot about Entouch and the problems.

So, I don't have them now...and maybe I'll get lucky and won't...but if I do, I want to know how to get out of the contract.

Thanks!
You basically just had to send the POA a letter stating you want out of their contract b/c you are unsatisfied with their service.
However, the deadline to do that was last month according to the letter I got back from them.
I am not sure they are letting any more people out of their contracts this year.
You will more than likely be required to have service with them for the remainder of this year and then ask out of the contract for next year.

Last edited by RVD26; 04-13-2010 at 07:56 AM..

Old 04-23-2010, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,067 times
Default WLN Entouch

Is it true that early termination fee with entouch is $ 400, if yes, it is too high. Can you tell me in detail how to opt out of HOA entouch plan.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston