Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:13 PM

132 posts, read 589,162 times

Advertisements

I agree that har should have a search based on school. I think the reason they could not have that is, if they do, then the search results will merely depend on the realtor providing the info. You can see many homes listed in HAR where the realtor is providing only Information like this

Elementary School :Alvin ISD
Middle School : Alvin ISD
High School : Alvin ISD

Thats total crap. School zoning changes, but why not give the correct information at the time of listing ?

Ex: Example

So, When a realtor provides that kind of useless information on a listing and if the HAR has a feature to search by School name, then the search will not return that listing at all. And the buyer will never know about it it. Definitely, it can be improved and it needs full corportation from the realtors and more look-up tables in the HAR Database.

Now, Every search depends on the correctness and availability of data but this school information is the one I find missing on many listings.

HAR was re-written recently (I think Dec 2007), and I like the new design and the power of AJAX technology.

The best thing I like is their search by map feature. You can draw any polygon of any shape on a map, and it will show you all the listing in that shape based on your criteria. Its little difficult to understand it first, but its really useful once you get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Me three. It is pathetic and stupid that you can't search by specific school using HAR. Yes, I know I can run a search and then click house by house to view the school fields to discover whether the house is zoned to the school I want, but in this age of computerization, I shouldn't have to do that.

Last edited by Houston456; 01-01-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston