Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 08:26 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,031 times

Advertisements

My job situation may be changing and if it does, my family will likely relocate to the Clear Lake area after school breaks for the summer. I'm trying to do research about schools in Clear Creek ISD and I can't find a Web-based look up tool for a home's address. Fort Bend ISD has one...does Clear Creek ISD have one, too?

I'll do a search of old posts but advice about favorite Clear Lake neighborhoods is welcome, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 08:31 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,567 times
Academic Excellence Indicator System That's the state TEA site with info on all the districts.

and here is the clear creek website Clear Creek ISD

I don't like that they just don't list their rating on their own website but refer you to the state site..

Rockport ACISD always needs good teachers, we are a coastal town north of Corpus Christi. I'm on the school board.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:36 PM

Thanks, but I'm specifically looking for a Web-based look up tool where you can enter a home's address and find out to which CCISD elementary, middle, and high school the home is zoned. I need this because so many Realtors on HAR.com are just putting "CCISD" rather than the specific school.

Like this tool from Fort Bend ISD, only for Clear Creek ISD.

Last edited by Topaz; 12-05-2008 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Added something.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:48 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times
Doesn't Houston Real Estate - Houston Homes, Houston Home Value and Houston Relocation show the schools that a home is zoned to?

Price range that you are interested in would help people suggest neighborhoods as well. I prefer Clear Lake H.S. over Clearbrook H.S. If you move to South Shore in League City then your kids will go to Clear Creek H.S. but all are in CCISD.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:36 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,693,271 times
HAR doesn't always have that info. Sometimes it does, but sometimes they enter in completely wrong info. I think a phone call to CCisd would be your best bet.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:47 AM

Topaz - I know how much you like Sugarland but if you do have to move to the Clear Lake area, I believe you will be equally happy in this area.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:36 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,682 times
Here ya go. When you go onto to the district page, look under students and parents I believe. There is a lot more info there, than on the main website.

Clear Creek ISD

Old 12-06-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Topaz - I know how much you like Sugarland but if you do have to move to the Clear Lake area, I believe you will be equally happy in this area.
Thank you! I'm feeling completely sad and upset about it at the moment, but I would try to find things about the new area to like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Here ya go. When you go onto to the district page, look under students and parents I believe. There is a lot more info there, than on the main website.

Clear Creek ISD
You rock! I looked everywhere for that tool and I couldn't find it. Thank you!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:42 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
I prefer Clear Lake H.S. over Clearbrook H.S. If you move to South Shore in League City then your kids will go to Clear Creek H.S. but all are in CCISD.

I'm just curious....there are THREE high schools, named Clear Lake, Clear Creek, and Clearbrook????

No wonder out-of-towners are confused when househunting...and I bet some of the realtors aren't always "clear" either!!!

Topaz, if you move, we'll find a coffee spot someplace!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:08 AM

Yep - Clear Lake is in the main part of Clear Lake, Clear Creek is in League City and Clearbrook is a newer one that has students from both sides of I-45 part of the Clear Lake side and going neighborhoods going toward Friendswood from I45 to 518. Clearbrook would be my third choice. I'd feel equally good with Clear Lake, Clear Creek and giving a very slight edge to Clear Lake H.S. If I were moving to Friendswood then I would pick a neighborhood zoned to Friendswood H.S. over Clearbrook. Not that it is bad - just the others are better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston