Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 07:39 PM

12 posts, read 53,614 times

Advertisements

All

What you guys think/heard about NewMArk homes in Telfair. We like a plan from new MArk and another one from Treandmakers. We need to finalize by Dec.NewMark seems to be much cheaper that TreandMakers. I have no idea about the quality...and other things. Please help me out..

thanks
Jimmy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 09:41 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,770,821 times
Newmark is not known for high quality. Their parent company is also in bankruptcy which is never a good sign.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:02 PM

759 posts, read 3,190,689 times
i heard from neighbors that newmark is slow to fix things since their parent company is having issues. But there are some nice designs. I think the stucco design is way too over done. too many of them already. Their stone and brick models look nice.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:24 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,488,803 times
Did anyone get the flyer in the mail from the Texas Democratic Party? One paragraph got my attention:

Quote:
The Republican court protected millionaire donor Bob Perry.

When retirees Bob and Jane Cull sued Perry Homes, they were originally awarded $800,000. The Texas Supreme Court overturned the ruling in favor of Perry Homes, leaving the Culls with nothing. Bob Perry, the millionaire owner of Perry Homes, and his family have donated more than $300,000 to the nine Republican justices on the Supreme Court.
I guess this sums up my chances if my 5 year-old Perry Home turns out to be a lemon. It reminds me about the coal mine owner and his front man judge in West Virginia.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:00 AM

410 posts, read 1,678,735 times
I am very familar with that case and was in the Texas Supreme Court for opening statements.
This is the case in which Mr. Perry donated to the justices sitting on the bench very handsomely. Mr. Perry could have built 10 good homes for these people during this 11 year ordeal. There are archieved articles in the Houston Press on this case as well as Homeowners for Better Buildings much devoted to it. Please see report on KHOU on Perry and adding to candidates war chests.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:09 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,788,854 times
Just leave it up to good ole scammed1, to chime in on this one. BTW scammed1 if you don't mind me asking, who did you buy from? was it a good experience? PM me if you want.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 AM

410 posts, read 1,678,735 times
Just saw this-thank-you for mentioning me.
Oh yes I will chime in when I feel pertinent information should be given to make people aware. Let's face it, most people do not sit down and read an entire contract before they sign on the dotted line. So if I can enlighten them as to what will be in that contract and what the laws are regarding certain issues in the state of Texas why shouldn't I?
If you were about to sign and saw a clause for mandatory binding arbitration would you understand what it is? Would you know by signing that contract you have just given up a constitutional right to a trial by jury. I think that is important since it is in almost every (not just builder) but consumer contract.
There was even a bill filed last summer in D.C. to prevent companies from doing this since almost all consumers loose if they do goto bma and there is no appeal for them
So, there is my chime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston