Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2007, 12:15 AM

37 posts, read 226,511 times

Advertisements

Hey i purchased a first texas home in legends ranch from doing my own research but i am not from there since my purchase i have not heard anything about either company can some of you locals give me your opinion on First Texas Homes as well as Legends Ranch all opinions will be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 01:42 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,121,765 times
Legends Ranch, in Conroe ISD, is zoned to Oak Ridge High School and Oak Ridge's feeder schools

Old 01-06-2007, 11:36 PM

does anyone know anything or have any experiences with the builder first texas homes

Old 01-15-2007, 09:13 AM

any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-15-2007, 11:27 AM

19 posts, read 79,439 times
Though I have no personal experience with First Texas Homes, I know they've been around for 15+ years. According to the Better Business Bureau, this builder looks to have a satisfactory records. Though they have complaints, they have all been resolved.

What kind of information are you looking for in regards to legend ranch? I take it from your post that you are a home owner but have been out of the city for quite some time?

Steve Castaneda

Last edited by Yac; 01-15-2007 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: realtor

Old 02-22-2007, 11:52 PM

4 posts, read 21,666 times
Im currently having a house completed by First Texas Homes in the Stone Gate Community. I was pleased with the onset of the construction etc, but after 6 months Im still trying to get final walk through issues corrected, mainly, a grading issue on the side of my house. Ill admit, its been very nerve racking and frustrating trying to get the issue corrected properly before closing. It seems as if they attempts to correct the issue have been "band aid" fixes. However, the builder is quit aware that I have no intentions on closing until the problem is fixed. So far my final walk through has had to be rescheduled twice because of the procrastination in getting the walk through issues resolved. I did some internet searches on First Texas Homes after having my home built and I came across a web page that had several complaints about First Texas Homes in the Arlington, Texas area. From reading the complaints, I feel somewhat apprehensive about closing. I hope the Houston market of First Texas is nothing like the Arlington market.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 6,733 times
Default first texas homes

I just tried to buy a First Texas Home in the Preserve at Denton, tx. I picked a lot with a green space that required a $15,000. lot premium. A $2000 deposit was required. After doing all the required things the sales agent needed, (including walking the lot and determining if the house would fit) I wrote the check and signed the contract. The sales agent called me several days later and told me that the President of the company says we cannot have a contingency in the contract. Now, I did not ask for the contingency, I said I planned to do everything reasonable to sell my home before the estimated completion date (5-6 months) but that it didn't matter as my home debt-free and I was already approved for a loan for the full value of the house I wanted to build. The contract was sent back not approved because of the contingency. I agreed but asked if the builder would throw in free insulation for the garage in the bargain. They, First Texas Homes answered by telling me they would not build that home on that lot. They then tried to shift me (READ BAIT AND SWITCH) to a non green space lot. I declined, at least they did give me my $2000 back. I was told by the sales agent that the President of the company did not want to build "that small of a house on that lot". The price of "small" house- $237,039. !! Needless to say I am miffed that First Texas Homes thinks my money is not good enough for them.
NOTE: I can buy a similar house two lots away on the same green space for less money from another builder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breriley View Post
does anyone know anything or have any experiences with the builder first texas homes

Old 03-21-2012, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 4,378 times
Default About First Texas Homes Legends Ranch Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by breriley View Post
Hey i purchased a first texas home in legends ranch from doing my own research but i am not from there since my purchase i have not heard anything about either company can some of you locals give me your opinion on First Texas Homes as well as Legends Ranch all opinions will be greatly appreciated
Legends Ranch is a gated community located off Rayford rd. in Spring, Tx. The school district is the highly acclaimed C.I.S.D. The Legends Ranch community is a family oriented location. It has sidewalks/walkways where people are seen jogging, walking, running. Children playing, riding bikes. It Has a club house and it has an information center. It has more than one swimming pool and a "splashpad". The homes are constructed of quality materials. The homes newly built are energy star. It is a nice community. If you are looking to buy a ready to move in brand new home with a lot of upgrades this is your place close to I-45 and everything.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,378 times
I have been told that it is the option of the h.o.a. and the builder to determine what fits on what size lot. Not to be taken as an insult to you. Sometimes they can not fit certain homes on certain places and sometimes the h.o.a will not allow certain plans. Usually this is only determined at the point of where they are in the process of the subdivision and what they have already built out. I believe the sales person you were working with might have offered you other options if they had any other wise I believe if you really wanted a First Texas Home find a sales person you can work with. For what it's worth.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,843,284 times
You obviously have a vested interest in selling this community as the last post on this thread was over 4 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston