Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:31 PM

766 posts, read 1,254,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity101 View Post
wait...so my experience with hundreds of clients over the years means nothing but your opinion is gold?

Freeway access is nice and all, but not everyone wants to be right next to a freeway. It could just as easily be argued as a negative.
Reading comprehension is important, friend. I said that anecdotal experience is not empirical which means that you citing your experiences with "hundreds of clients" as evidence is faulty logic. Just because you experienced it doesn't mean it's fact. My opinion doesn't matter either because I would be committing the same fallacy. However I never stated my opinion, all I said was according to many studies, there is a correlation of home owners preferring to live in areas closer to work. You can find said studies on google if you're interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 06:35 PM

766 posts, read 1,254,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
That and the negative connotation associated with Sharpstown.
Meh. Any publicity is good publicity? No one knows of robindell, but many know of sharpstown

Old 05-07-2015, 09:34 PM

219 posts, read 299,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Because someone left me a rep wanted a link to property valuations. Here's HAR's data on Sharpstown north of 59.
SHARPSTOWN CC TERRACE Real Estate and SHARPSTOWN CC TERRACE Homes For Sale - HAR.com

Scroll down to the bottom. It does not include 2014 which seems to have been the most expensive year. According to the data, the area has recovered its value after the housing crash of 08 and it's likely even higher for 2014.

Moreover the data on Sharpstown south of 59 is also promising:
SHARPSTOWN Real Estate and Price Trends - HAR.com

These homes tend to be smaller than in the section north of 59. I also see this area with the most long term potential because the elementary school is fantastic and this section specifically allows the option to attend Pin Oak Middle. Moreover, this section is very close to Bellaire, and borders Braeburn Country Club which is a Bellaire neighborhood with million dollar homes. This section also has the most McMansions cropping up simply because it's much more economically advantageous to destroy a smaller ranch home compared to the sprawling meyerland type homes in the section north of 59.

THE MCMANSIONS ARE COMING

7014 Carvel Ln, Houston TX 77074 - HAR.com

A $350K junk 3,000 SF house made of Hardiplank and brick is hardly a "McMansion". That's a lower middle class house someone is flipping.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:32 PM

23 posts, read 50,031 times
I actually had a chance to see the "McMansion" on Carvel street and it was quite nicely done inside. Second floor was particularly apealing as it overlooks the rooftops and tree linedCarvel street through its outsized windows. Each bedroom had its own bathroom, (if I am correct, I counted 5 full bathrooms inside the house.) The material inside the bathroom was granite, frameless shower door and modern fixtures. The house also came with 2 separate central air condition units. From outside looking in, it would appear that someone just slapped a second floor on top of a old house. I think it went pending within a week after the house went onto the market. Someone got a brand new house for about $100/sqft. This is about the appraised value of a lot of the Sharpstown section 1 houses for 2015 Harris Country property taxes. A lot of Section 1 houses still require major updating.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:32 PM

556 posts, read 1,086,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Reading comprehension is important, friend. I said that anecdotal experience is not empirical which means that you citing your experiences with "hundreds of clients" as evidence is faulty logic. Just because you experienced it doesn't mean it's fact. My opinion doesn't matter either because I would be committing the same fallacy. However I never stated my opinion, all I said was according to many studies, there is a correlation of home owners preferring to live in areas closer to work. You can find said studies on google if you're interested.
I never said commute time isn't important...just that your "proximity to entrance ramps" argument is a reach.

Keep beating that drum though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston