Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Die Die started this thread

12 posts, read 42,100 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband and I with our daughter are planning a visit to Houston in March to visit the different neighborhoods everyone seem to suggest for a move in a year. Would you have any suggestions about hotels ... for the 5 days visit. We want to be able to go to Katy, Cinco Ranch, Sugar Land..... And is the inner loop downtown?... We 've never been to Houston but want to definitely leave the New Jersey/ New York life and Houston is on the top of our list.

Please If you have any suggestions about where we should visit so we don't miss anything....... Don't Hesitate.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 04:50 PM

657 posts, read 2,544,415 times
There's a lot of stuff inside the loop and downtown is in the center of it. There's not as much going on east of downtown, so when people refer to inside the loop generally they mean in between downtown and the west side of 610. As far as hotels, you'll probably find somewhere out in Katy off the freeway. In Houston, there's a lot of hotels where The Sam Houston Tollway meets Richmond Avenue. As far as visiting, go up and down Mason Road in Katy and visit the mall as well. In Houston driving on Westheimer will give you a good feel for the city.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 PM

65 posts, read 356,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die View Post
Hi,
My husband and I with our daughter are planning a visit to Houston in March to visit the different neighborhoods everyone seem to suggest for a move in a year. Would you have any suggestions about hotels ... for the 5 days visit. We want to be able to go to Katy, Cinco Ranch, Sugar Land..... And is the inner loop downtown?... We 've never been to Houston but want to definitely leave the New Jersey/ New York life and Houston is on the top of our list.

Please If you have any suggestions about where we should visit so we don't miss anything....... Don't Hesitate.

Thank you.

We stayed at the Crossland Extended Stay on Hwy 6 and Westheimer when we visited lasy July. It was very reasonable and nice. And it was close to everything. We are making the big move to our new home in Tomball in 2 days. We are so excited.. We are moving to Houston from Long Island. Good luck to you.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Die Die started this thread

12 posts, read 42,100 times
Smile thanks to you two

that is very helpful. we can't wait to see the town with our own eyes. I know coming from New York and wanting a better life we will be impressed.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:16 AM

38 posts, read 179,918 times
I moved to Katy a year ago. Initially I was primarily looking at Sugar Land, so I stayed at a hotel next to 59. I actually only spent one day in the Cinco Ranch area and I was sold. My suggestion is to stay at both location for a few nights if you can.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:16 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die View Post
that is very helpful. we can't wait to see the town with our own eyes. I know coming from New York and wanting a better life we will be impressed.
As another EX-New Jerseyan in Texas. Let me be the first to say you will indeed find a better life down here. This is not even up for opinions. It is simply a fact.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:33 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
As another EX-New Jerseyan in Texas. Let me be the first to say you will indeed find a better life down here. This is not even up for opinions. It is simply a fact.
question is which part of jersey and what are your hobbies/interests

Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 PM

i think a good place to get a hotel is that la quinta or some motel near 59 and 610.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:47 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
question is which part of jersey and what are your hobbies/interests
Why do you ask my friend? Central Jersey is a good start. Moved around a little bit.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Why do you ask my friend? Central Jersey is a good start. Moved around a little bit.
well good for you then. I did find a lot of places in Jersey that is overall better living than in houston, especially considering natures effect on better living. Near waters, NYC or the hills north and west is where many find great places to live and own homes. some of my friends all the way down edison, piscattaway, old bridge and princeton seem pretty happy there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston