Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,414 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was looking to buy an investment property in Churchill Farms in a 50's lot. I would really appreciate if you can please advise me whether it would be a good investment or not!

Do you have any idea how fast the property in the Churchill Farms can be rented out? Also can this community hold a good re-sale value?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 08:19 PM

498 posts, read 842,155 times
Can't tell if trolling, or if serious...

Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 PM

246 posts, read 898,672 times
NO one will rent a new house at there, location is bad.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:46 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,800,191 times
No, it would not be a good investment at all.

There are other neighborhoods that are much more desirable and would have greater ROI.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:43 AM

675 posts, read 1,461,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
NO one will rent a new house at there, location is bad.
If the location were "so bad" why are they nearly out of lots to sell? I looked on HAR and it has two houses listed for rent. $1,900 for a 1850sq ft home is "pending" and there is another 4 bedroom still "active" for 2,100. I would speak to my realtor and have him do a search on that home and see how long it took for the home to lease out to give you an idea of what you are facing.

I went to Churchill Farms yesterday and was surprised to see how fast they are selling. The representative at Beazer Homes told me they have 30 homes ready to be bricked but not enough labor (I actually blame this on the home builders as they pay the laborers (most if not all immigrants) $80 bucks a day for 10-12 hours worth of work, if they actually paid them a decent wage like $20/hr. + I'm sure they would have no problems) but thats another story

Also, Hawks Landing is sold out in their 50's section, and in Silver Ranch they are all but sold out for both builders (Meritage and Brighton Homes (50's section), which collectively had about 90 lots in their latest section). Things are getting pretty tight out here…

Old 03-15-2014, 12:37 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,845,084 times
I went to Churchill Farms yesterday and was surprised to see how fast they are selling. The representative at Beazer Homes told me they have 30 homes ready to be bricked but not enough labor (I actually blame this on the home builders as they pay the laborers (most if not all immigrants) $80 bucks a day for 10-12 hours worth of work, if they actually paid them a decent wage like $20/hr. + I'm sure they would have no problems) but thats another story

That is a ridiculous statement. If builders paid all the trades $20 plus per hour, sure there would be plenty of workers.....and the home prices would be so high nobody could afford them....so they would have to lay off the $20 per hour workers.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:02 AM

498 posts, read 842,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip808 View Post
If the location were "so bad" why are they nearly out of lots to sell? I looked on HAR and it has two houses listed for rent. $1,900 for a 1850sq ft home is "pending" and there is another 4 bedroom still "active" for 2,100. I would speak to my realtor and have him do a search on that home and see how long it took for the home to lease out to give you an idea of what you are facing.

You think it's the wages, or a combination of other things with the possibly of that also? Home demand is pretty high right now and various reports show immigration has slowed while unemployment is low in Houston. That would say to me that the number of brick layers is lower overall.

As for the location being bad: as a rental property, it would likely be an easy rental as there are always families who are relocated to Houston for O&G who want to live in a "good area" of the metro but don't want to have to buy as soon as they hit the ground. But if the plan is to rent and flip, I don't know if that area will inflate much more than where it is now, which is why I don't think it would be a good investment property.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:06 PM

11 posts, read 14,292 times
THat is TRUE. They are selling it very fast . On wweekend their offices are flooded with people.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:16 PM

11 posts, read 14,292 times
Default Parking on the Walkway on Addison Ranch

How can we have people avoid parking on the walkways. ? I tried to post the thread but it is not working.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:47 PM

675 posts, read 1,461,822 times
Post to the facebook page, take a picture and shame the person. Then contact the HOA. That is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston