Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 PM

8 posts, read 39,262 times

Advertisements

Hi There,

We recently moved to Houston from the UK and have been house hunting. Our initial area was Cinco Ranch but there's nothing there within our price range or with a big back yard. We're looking at Silver Ranch and was wondering if anyone could give some insight into the area? Safety? Nice neighbourhood?

I noticed that some parts the residents lawns are not as well maintained as others??

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Mags
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 09:39 PM

246 posts, read 895,129 times
silver ranch is not good at all, poor maintenance and re-sell value is low. Don't even mention the pool is so small....

Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 AM

340 posts, read 802,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
silver ranch is not good at all, poor maintenance and re-sell value is low. Don't even mention the pool is so small....
I will agree the pool is small, but not ever community wants a huge pool. We had a big one in our last subdivision and the yearly fee was $1000, Silver Ranch is only $600 a year. While the HOA isnt run by the gestapo like Cinco Ranch we have no issues there and I dont understand where you are coming from with "not good at all". It is an amazing neighborhood we have found since we moved in back in October. We havent seen any crime or any really bad homeowners in our area (we live near the David Weekley Model). Most lawns are kept, summer has just started so maybe some people are a little behind but overall it is nice in our area.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:22 AM

340 posts, read 802,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsmags View Post
Hi There,

We recently moved to Houston from the UK and have been house hunting. Our initial area was Cinco Ranch but there's nothing there within our price range or with a big back yard. We're looking at Silver Ranch and was wondering if anyone could give some insight into the area? Safety? Nice neighbourhood?

I noticed that some parts the residents lawns are not as well maintained as others??

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Mags
Neighbors behind me are from Aberdeen and another couple across the street is from Aberdeen as well. Our area is quite culturally diverse, we have Venezuelans, Indians, Afghanis, Scots, etc.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:39 AM

trele6, thanks for taking the time to contribute! We're currently looking at a house in SR, I did notice that some of the lawns aren't kept but that was the only negative really. I must agree with you on the pool I as well don't see the need for a huge pool.
You've helped settle my mind a bit I was apprehensive because I don't know about the area. Safety is a big think for me and nice neighbours!! I'm really looking forward to a nice neighbourhood since my last set of neighbours weren't very friendly!!

Old 06-02-2013, 03:00 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,378 times
The comment about re-sell value is completely asinine. I have seen homes come up and go within days in Silver Ranch. I think the value for a home in Silver Ranch is excellent. It should appreciate quite nicely over the years as the land in South Katy runs out. I copied and pasted the following from another one of my posts. I think Silver Ranch is an excellent decision!

After months of searching and really taking our time to do our due diligence, we decided to buy in Silver Ranch! I honestly believe its one of South Katy's best kept secrets. Our kids will attend the same schools as people in our neighboring subdivisions (Cinco Ranch, Pine Mill, Church Hill Farms, Cardiff, etc..) but I believe we got the biggest bang for our buck.

The community is being developed by Ersa Grae which also developed Falcon Ranch. Falcon Ranch has been in existence for 10+ years and it is a beautiful subdivision with a strong HOA. I believe Silver Ranch is being managed by the same people, in the end its the residents who make up a strong HOA.

Case in point, Meritage Homes. They also build in Cinco Ranch 2 miles away...the same EXACT home is $50-75k more than it would be in Silver Ranch. With the savings I can build a pool in my own backyard! Our kids will be attending the same schools!!

If you look at the website, you can see the site plan for the whole community: http://www.ersagrae.com/Silver_Ranch_Site_Plan.pdf

Silver Ranch will neighbor Pine Mill Ranch to the north, Cinco Ranch Northwest to the east, and the Avalon at Cinco Ranch subdivision to the south. Spring Green Blvd. is going to cut through Silver Ranch, Avalon at Cinco Ranch, and the new Toll Brother Subdivision which will eventually connect to FM 1463.

Another best kept secret, there is an new elementary and a brand new Jr. high that is going to be right off of Spring Green and Hawks Landing. Essentially, you will have K-12 within a 2 mile radius.

I think Silver Ranch is an excellent choice. Best of luck!!

Old 06-02-2013, 06:32 PM

Thanks Rip808 really appreciate that feedback!
Are you in the newer sections or older?

Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,378 times
We are in the newer section, friends live in the first section that was built!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 PM

We're looking in the newer section as well, ohhh thanks soo much was really nervous about if we were making the right choice and was a bit nervous about the newer sections but sounds great!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:34 PM

8 posts, read 17,660 times
Silver Ranch is pretty! Soon it will be built out. But do not forget to check out Pine Mill Ranch. They are getting their own elementary which is only ever good for resale value. Pine Mill Ranch homes have lots with huge backyards. They have just opened up a new 65ft section. There is only about 1 year until build out. So I would go look in Pine Mill Ranch. They have a lake and a pool. Do not worry about pools being big or small Seven Meadows only has 2 pools and it is double the size of Pine Mill ranch. Both are pretty =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston