Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM

75 posts, read 137,408 times

Advertisements

So my family all lives together and the house is under my mom's name. We just recently moved to a new location but i want my daughter to be able to stay at her current school now. It's in the same school district, Fort Bend ISD, and we literally moved 10 minutes away. I don't like the new school as much and rather not switch school for my daughter again (happened 3 times already).

Is there any way of doing this? I know you can do some sort of transfer school or something as long as you provide transportation (which is not an issue) but you need your name on the house deed, which mine isn't. Any other way? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,212 times
You should be able to. Call the admin offices and check. We just moved within FBISD as well and had the option to stay at our old school as long as we provided the transportation.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
You should be able to. Call the admin offices and check. We just moved within FBISD as well and had the option to stay at our old school as long as we provided the transportation.

Alright thanks. I will definitely call and check. You called up the school's office or fort bend admin office?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,212 times
We called the fort bend admin office first.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
We called the fort bend admin office first.
Alright, thanks!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,209 times
This close to the end of the school year you should be just fine. They generally don't worry that much during the last couple of months. If you want her to continue to go there next year, then you would have to apply for a transfer if there is space available in her current school. So as I understand it, your whole family moved? No one in your family still lives in the old school attendance zone? You don't necessarily need your name on the deed, you just need proof of residence like utility bills in your name or a lease agreement. You could certainly write up a lease agreement showing your are leasing from your mother using a generic Texas rental lease form if you had to. And I would not just yet say you have moved when talking to the school admin people. Just say you are working on moving and want to see how she can stay at her current school. At least you are not trying to avoid a bad district and sneak into a good school in amother district. My wife gets them all the time and finds out because they are the kids that are late 2 or 3 times a week due to traffic!

Good luck!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:53 PM

@trbstang thank you...yes the whole family moved and the old house has been sold but I wont tell the office that I already moved. I talked to them before but this was last year and they said the name has to be on the deed, that's why I had said that but I will definitely check out the generic Texas rental lease form as stated. thank you for the info!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,209 times
I got that info directly from the FBISD website about enrollment.

Enrollment

Also, I remembered my wife does get affidavits from the property owner stating that their sister/ cousin/ child, etc is living with them and they accept that also. That's in CyFair, but I can't imagine that FBISD is much different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston