Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:47 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,455,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiatoChina View Post
You missed his whole point. Nowhere did he say there was nothing to do in Houston.
I guess you missed post #10 and #12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 01:01 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
Plain and simple! It's dead as a door knob! It's an event type of downtown, not a vibrant downtown. There are only less than a thousand housing units there. It's needs an all out housing construction boom of all types of apartments and condos, especially high-rises. One or two more will not do justice!
It is a good thing that DT Houston has not had a housing construction boom. Down Town Houston is mostly clean compared to the cities that have tons of housing in them. Take a good look around SF, NY and Chicago and see how filthy many areas are where people live. The more humans you have living in a city the more filth and pollution of every type you will find there.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:17 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,722,403 times
Downtown is at most minimally vibrant.

There are other cities with a much better downtown than Houston.

There are other areas outside of downtown that are good like uptown and midtown.

Westheimer is a good place for some excitement.

Houstonians still wait for downtown Houston to be what it needs to be.

Unfortunately for them, they'll continue to wait indefinitely.

But I mean, there are worse areas in the world than Houston.

Until the citizens and leaders want true urbanization, Houston will always be a sprawling city with unorganized entertainment centers.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:39 PM

492 posts, read 791,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I guess you missed post #10 and #12
He said there lacked vibrancy downtown. At no point did he say Houston had nothing to do.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,578,185 times
I prefer Uptown to downtown.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
He said there lacked vibrancy downtown. At no point did he say Houston had nothing to do.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:16 PM

7,529 posts, read 10,273,039 times
Quote:
It seems you are reading my posts. If one cares to take the couple of posts I've made in this thread and summarize them, those are my sentiments regarding the OP's query: "How active is downtown Houston?" I really have nothing more to add.

If posters aren't reading the words, are misinterpreting them, hold a differing opinion or otherwise have some issue with my posts, I tend not to get too exorcised over it or enter into pointless debate.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
If posters aren't reading the words, are misinterpreting them, hold a differing opinion or otherwise have some issue with my posts, I tend not to get too exorcised over it or enter into pointless debate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Downtown is dead: Efforts to turn downtown into residential haven remain elusive - Houston Chronicle. Most people work there and then it pretty much closes up at night with the exception of a few watering holes.
There really is nothing to argue about however when posting misinformation expect a rebuttal. I read your words stating that Downtown Houston is dead.

Downtown Houston is not dead. It may not be the hustle and bustle of NYC but is certainly is not dead.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:10 PM

492 posts, read 791,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
There really is nothing to argue about however when posting misinformation expect a rebuttal. I read your words stating that Downtown Houston is dead.

Downtown Houston is not dead. It may not be the hustle and bustle of NYC but is certainly is not dead.
How does that equate to "there is nothing to do in Houston"?

Old 03-03-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
How does that equate to "there is nothing to do in Houston"?
What is your problem? We are talking about Downtown Houston not the entire city of Houston. Get it now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston