Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:42 PM

110 posts, read 280,758 times

Advertisements

I have a parking pass for the rodeo tomorrow night, but have heard that the traffic situation is a nightmare, even with the parking pass. Would it be easier to get in and out by parking somewhere off-site and taking a bus to the rodeo?

What are the best options for getting in and out of the rodeo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 PM

1,416 posts, read 4,439,977 times
Rail is easy and cheap. Depending on where you are coming from, you can park anywhere along it. I recall the sourthernmost stop (parking lot) charged for parking and then to get on the rail, but I might have that wrong.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 PM

427 posts, read 948,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorJan View Post
I have a parking pass for the rodeo tomorrow night, but have heard that the traffic situation is a nightmare, even with the parking pass. Would it be easier to get in and out by parking somewhere off-site and taking a bus to the rodeo?

What are the best options for getting in and out of the rodeo?
I have used parking passes for years at the Rodeo and other events at Reliant. There are numerous entrances and exits. It is convenient and not a nightmare at whatsoever.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,365,991 times
Every year is pretty darn bad. Really, it depends on the color of your parking ticket. If you have one in front of the Stadium, you'll find parking but it will be far. If you're yellow/green/purple, you'll be across the stadium and it can be a nightmare. The way the police and staff route traffic around the lots is ridiculous....it varies with the performer too. If you're doing the latino performer tickets on Sunday, you'll find front row parking. Really great parking. I know, because I've done it. But for the more popular venues, parking and traffic is insane at times. Expect to spend 20min to an hour in traffic depending on where your parking is. We have company tickets, and I go every year. Usually 2-3 nights per year. I'll be seeing Bruno Mars this year...I'm expecting a lot of traffic and bad parking.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 AM

567 posts, read 1,622,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
I have used parking passes for years at the Rodeo and other events at Reliant. There are numerous entrances and exits. It is convenient and not a nightmare at whatsoever.
Same here. When I have parking passes, I part at the Reliant. Never had serious issue with traffic. When I don't have a pass, I park at the Old Spanish Trail park and ride lot - $10, easy access, and a short bus ride. You will have to wait for a bus though.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
You my friend are not only very wrong but must be the most patient person in all the world.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:32 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,365,991 times
The worst thing about Rodeo parking is the way they channel traffic around the stadium. It's never consistent. If you want to take the guess work out of all of this, here's a map of the parking. It should make things a lot easier for everyone here attending the Rodeo this year.

I've added the red lines to show you 'how' to access the parking lots by taking routes that have the least traffic. If you are on teal, green or purple, the best plan of attack is to take main street, and hang a right on the appropriate roads. You'll eventually be routed to the appropriate gate. If you are hitting the green or blue lots, you'll need to take Kirby. The Green lot can be tricky though..sometimes they block access to it from Westridge and end up routing you all the way around main again as I've outlined below. For the other lots, you're lucky....the traffic is usually not too bad there.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM

292 posts, read 1,067,006 times
We tend to park in a garage just off N Stadium. Easy in and out.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 PM

504 posts, read 1,150,786 times
It's not terrible, esp. weekdays. Weekends tend to be another story, though.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
I hate to be a debby-downer but be aware that thieves will target cars in lots where people are parking for the rodeo. These thieves know how long you'll be gone and, even if there are attendants, there's no security.

Car burglaries reported at private lots near Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo | abc13.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston