Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 PM

427 posts, read 950,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You my friend are not only very wrong but must be the most patient person in all the world.
I think I know what my experience has been better than you. I can assure than I'm not "very wrong" being able to make a quick and reasonable exit. In fact, I get home in 20 minutes (west of 610) most of the time. Why don't you simply relay your own experiences as opposed to conveying to people than you know mine.

To the original poster, don't be apprehensive about using your passes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 AM

561 posts, read 974,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhanddavy View Post
Every year is pretty darn bad. Really, it depends on the color of your parking ticket. If you have one in front of the Stadium, you'll find parking but it will be far. If you're yellow/green/purple, you'll be across the stadium and it can be a nightmare. The way the police and staff route traffic around the lots is ridiculous....it varies with the performer too. If you're doing the latino performer tickets on Sunday, you'll find front row parking. Really great parking. I know, because I've done it. But for the more popular venues, parking and traffic is insane at times. Expect to spend 20min to an hour in traffic depending on where your parking is. We have company tickets, and I go every year. Usually 2-3 nights per year. I'll be seeing Bruno Mars this year...I'm expecting a lot of traffic and bad parking.
If I could down vote... I would

Old 03-01-2013, 07:25 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,733,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
I think I know what my experience has been better than you. I can assure than I'm not "very wrong" being able to make a quick and reasonable exit. In fact, I get home in 20 minutes (west of 610) most of the time. Why don't you simply relay your own experiences as opposed to conveying to people than you know mine.

To the original poster, don't be apprehensive about using your passes.
I did relay my own experiences and they mimic everyone elses. A nightmare. I don't know if calling you a patient person was a compliment or not. Apparently you don't think so. For most of us, taking 30 minutes to travel each mile in the worlds most congested city is a nightmare. Others just sit behind the wheel with their foot on the brake, radio on, without a care in the world, singing to the radio, in no hurry to get home to anyone. For the vast majority of us who have to sit in that crap for over an hour every day to drive a 15 minute drive home, the last thing we want to do is drive into that suicide gauntlet down there.

For the record I use the Reed Rd shuttle. It was $5 all those years but last year the rapists raised it to $8 and I bet they raised it more this year. For those of us who love the Rodeo we still pay it.

Off the subject just a tad........I wonder at what point the whole Rodeo and all it's fun will begin to cost more then the average family can afford. Thank God I have no kids but I see families spending I suspect nearly a whole paycheck of a minimum wage family to spend a day there. Sad.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,288,578 times
I'll charge you $20 to park at my crib.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:23 AM

110 posts, read 281,544 times
CindyDavis, you must be living in a parallel universe.

We parked in the Green lot and it was nothing short of a nightmare. It took 40+ minutes just to get out of the fenced area of the Green lot. Then another 20 minutes to get out of the congested streets around the stadium.

I'll be looking for another parking option on my next trip. I can't imagine how bad it would be on the weekend.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM

847 posts, read 1,755,759 times
there's been times that i would drive to downtown and then take the Metrorail to Reliant. less headache that way if you don't mind walking to the rail station after the event.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,370,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OducksFTW! View Post
If I could down vote... I would
Oh, pls entertain us. I could care less if you had a religious shrine surrounded by expired Twinkies devoted to Michael Bolton.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,370,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I'll charge you $20 to park at my crib.
If its close enough that would actually be a good deal.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:38 PM

967 posts, read 2,616,292 times
Quote:

Off the subject just a tad........I wonder at what point the whole Rodeo and all it's fun will begin to cost more then the average family can afford. Thank God I have no kids but I see families spending I suspect nearly a whole paycheck of a minimum wage family to spend a day there. Sad.

It's already there. We are a middle income family, and even free tickets are too expensive. Parking is cheaper than shuttle for family of 5. Throw in a funnel cake and a carnival ride per kid... I think that free ticket costs $100.

My husband just "won" free tickets to Demi Lovato this Sunday. That'll blow the entire weekend "fun money" budget.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM

427 posts, read 950,033 times
Quote:
I did relay my own experiences and they mimic everyone elses. A nightmare. I don't know if calling you a patient person was a compliment or not. Apparently you don't think so. For most of us, taking 30 minutes to travel each mile in the worlds most congested city is a nightmare. Others just sit behind the wheel with their foot on the brake, radio on, without a care in the world, singing to the radio, in no hurry to get home to anyone. For the vast majority of us who have to sit in that crap for over an hour every day to drive a 15 minute drive home, the last thing we want to do is drive into that suicide gauntlet down there.

For the record I use the Reed Rd shuttle. It was $5 all those years but last year the rapists raised it to $8 and I bet they raised it more this year. For those of us who love the Rodeo we still pay it.

No, actually you said I was wrong. Regarding my experience, I'm not. I park in the northern tip of the Red Lot and I am off the stadium grounds no longer than 5 minutes after starting my car.

And the Rodeo is quality entertainment. If you think that an extra $3 for transportation is raping someone, and that a family should be able to attend for the price a minimum wage paycheck, then you are simply being unreasonable. They're not producing a minimum product. It isn't intended to be priced at a minimum level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston