Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,889,959 times

Advertisements

I hate when someone is coming out of a parking lot and into a congested road and instead of just turning into the lane that someone opens for them, they instead block that lane and try to cut across 4 lanes which are also congested and not letting that person cut across thus blocking that one lane through multiple light changes. It's like punishing the person that was kind enough to let them in. I understand that they really want to get into that far lane but it's not worth the inconvenience of everyone else. They should just go ahead in the lane that was opened for them and try to smoothly make their way over. Even if that means them having to go a little further down and U turn.

Glad I got that off my chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 04:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 25,383,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
If the cops just wait to start writing tickets until after rush hour has ended on the major freeways it would sure help the entire city out...but its all about the money. We can't ask public officials to use common sense!
Who's the genius that thinks that pulling people over during rush hour "makes things better"

BTW, has anybody EVER seen a car pulled over for speeding on Sunday morning?
Because I haven't even seen a police car on Sunday morning

Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,006,268 times
quote=westhou;27908375]I hate when someone is coming out of a parking lot and into a congested road and instead of just turning into the lane that someone opens for them, they instead block that lane and try to cut across 4 lanes which are also congested and not letting that person cut across thus blocking that one lane through multiple light changes. It's like punishing the person that was kind enough to let them in. I understand that they really want to get into that far lane but it's not worth the inconvenience of everyone else. They should just go ahead in the lane that was opened for them and try to smoothly make their way over. Even if that means them having to go a little further down and U turn.

Glad I got that off my chest.[/quote]

Thank YOU! I've taken so many routes to work but this is such an issue on the Beltway feeder around Little York. There's this depo with a ****e ton of Fed Ex trucks. I've seen COUNTLESS FedEx trucks and other 18 wheelers doing this. Of course, whatever business or what not is over there there's this sign that actually says "experience not required" so nuff said on why the worse freaking FedEx drivers are over there.

This is why I let no one out of parking lots if I can help it. I always get the ****e drivers. I'm nice and do the right thing and don't block and they pull out, go slow then speed up through the yellow yet I miss it and the people behind me when like all 6 of us could have made it. Nope.

Peeve of my Life...

I'm sick sick sick and tired of idiots pulling out onto oncoming traffic at a near stop. B!otch in black Lexus Monday....you know who you are...yeah I was behind that Elantra that had to practically eat the ground to stop because you felt the need to pull out.

I swear someone is going to get shot doing that one of these days and I'm getting so ticked off hand gestures aren't cutting it anymore. If you're going to pull out you HAVE to move. It's so dangerous. Probably the worst thing I see on the road. People WILL speed through that yellow. It's NOT worth it to pull out unless you're gunning it into the left lane or hauling ass pulling into the right. Either pull out waaaay before that car gets to you or keep your ass in that parking lot, side street and wait! We have the right of way dammit! Stop it! It's not worth it!

Jesus Christ! I don't want to hit you! You can't want me to hit you so WHY do you do this.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,926,809 times
My peeve is meek drivers in the HOV lanes, the ones going waaay below the speed limit (it's 65!) as if they are scared of the walls. There is no getting around these morons.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,733,428 times
When the light turns red, most people take half a minute or more before they even let their foot off the gas. After just 3 cars slowly go, the light turns yellow, then everyone floors it to get through.

Mistimed and un-synchronized lights.

Why is it that whenever you see someone driving over the artificially low speed limit we call them maniacs, yet when they are going slower then us they are idiots.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
When the light turns red, most people take half a minute or more before they even let their foot off the gas. After just 3 cars slowly go, the light turns yellow, then everyone floors it to get through.

Why is it that whenever you see someone driving over the artificially low speed limit we call them maniacs, yet when they are going slower then us they are idiots.
Even worse is when people make U turns at a turn light which takes extra long thus preventing more people from making the light. I live at an intersection where several people do this and if everyone would just make the turn correctly at least 10 cars can make the light but when people make U turns only 4 or 5 cars make it through the light.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

I know right! I've missed my ramps to the Beltway a few times because it's just so backed up, people going super freaking slow and 18 wheelers so I keep going for another and then another. I've learned now to cut anyone I have to to get on BEFORE West Rd.

I swear that's the worst. If you're on the feeder going south that light holds for about 30 seconds while the actual West Rd lights are at least 2 minutes. It dead ends on Gessner and that's where most people are headed. Who the hell timed that? There's like 200 cars on the feeder, 50 on West Rd and they get I swear 5 minutes.

That light takes you about 15 minutes it's so bad. Everyone takes a full 45 seconds to realize it's green and there's CINTAS trucks always getting off the Beltway for that light so it's hell.

I've tested it and went through the Kroger parking lot and actually got on West Rd and still beat wherever I was on the feeder. That's a damn shame.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,993,309 times
Add the heavy fog to this in the morning and its scary.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I know right! I've missed my ramps to the Beltway a few times because it's just so backed up, people going super freaking slow and 18 wheelers so I keep going for another and then another. I've learned now to cut anyone I have to to get on BEFORE West Rd.

I swear that's the worst. If you're on the feeder going south that light holds for about 30 seconds while the actual West Rd lights are at least 2 minutes. It dead ends on Gessner and that's where most people are headed. Who the hell timed that? There's like 200 cars on the feeder, 50 on West Rd and they get I swear 5 minutes.

That light takes you about 15 minutes it's so bad. Everyone takes a full 45 seconds to realize it's green and there's CINTAS trucks always getting off the Beltway for that light so it's hell.

I've tested it and went through the Kroger parking lot and actually got on West Rd and still beat wherever I was on the feeder. That's a damn shame.
Beltway feeder road drives me nuts. I swear they time the lights that way so people don't ride the feeder instead of getting on the highway and paying the toll. It worked because I got so frustrated that I just got on the highway and paid.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Beltway feeder road drives me nuts. I swear they time the lights that way so people don't ride the feeder instead of getting on the highway and paying the toll. It worked because I got so frustrated that I just got on the highway and paid.
They probably do! No joke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston