Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:50 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,776,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
It is 5 minutes from the Woodlands and about 35 from the Heights without traffic.
I have family in the Woodlands and do the drive a lot. First of all, it takes anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes just to get out of the Woodlands. Nobody lives at the mall. Second, the Exxon exit is SOUTH of the Hardy Toll, that area is one of THE most congested areas on 45 going north or south. I drive it almost everyday! Third, the Exxon campus is not ON the highway but a good 5 to 10 minutes in. Let's add to the fact that once those 10k workers do move in, traffic will be even worse! Trust me, 30 minutes door to door. I'm on that highway everyday. It takes me on avg about 25 minutes to get from the Woodlands onto the HOV lane which is right past the Exxon exit and this is at 6am!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Guess it depends where in the woodlands you are located and how long it takes you to get out of there. The bldg is at 45 and hardy toll road so only a few miles. Probably less than five miles. That's some serious traffic if that takes 30 minutes.
The traffic between all three Woodlands exits and the Hardy Toll and the HOV lane on 45 is probably the most congested 5 to 10miles of highway in the Houston area. In the evening it's even worse. It's a parking lot. The Woodlands is horribly designed for traffic as there are basically no back ways to get out of there. Hell, the Woodlands now stretches almost 15 miles from 45!!!! Ironically, the poorest section of the Woodlands has the best traffic in and out as they are located very close to the highway. But that area is called the "Hoodlands". I don't think Exxon workers are moving in there.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,707,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
The traffic between all three Woodlands exits and the Hardy Toll and the HOV lane on 45 is probably the most congested 5 to 10miles of highway in the Houston area. In the evening it's even worse. It's a parking lot. The Woodlands is horribly designed for traffic as there are basically no back ways to get out of there. Hell, the Woodlands now stretches almost 15 miles from 45!!!! Ironically, the poorest section of the Woodlands has the best traffic in and out as they are located very close to the highway. But that area is called the "Hoodlands". I don't think Exxon workers are moving in there.
That makes sense. Honestly, I have never dealt with rush hour on I-45 as I rarely leave the loop. I know the Woodlands goes really deep. I used to go to HARC and that is probably midway these days. Sounds like they need a tollway in the Woodlands.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
That makes sense. Honestly, I have never dealt with rush hour on I-45 as I rarely leave the loop. I know the Woodlands goes really deep. I used to go to HARC and that is probably midway these days. Sounds like they need a tollway in the Woodlands.
They are actually proposing a Woodlands Tollway. I think they need it or they are going to take a big hit.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times
No, they need to shoot the Hardy past the Woodlands first, to Huntsville,so people can actually get out of this town.

Building neighborhoods parallel to an interstate, vs. perpendicular has historically always been better. You'd have thought they would have learned from 1960. Traffic is one of the things that hurt that area imho.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
No, they need to shoot the Hardy past the Woodlands first, to Huntsville,so people can actually get out of this town.
That's actually a good idea.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM

8,898 posts, read 20,054,575 times
Well if that's the case then that certainly won't inspire those on the fence about moving that way to make a move. I have a friend who lives in woodlands and her neighborhood is directly behind all that Exxon property. Of course she probably lives in the poor area of the woodlands ...according to her. For those who live in older and near the front entrances of woodlands though it won't be that bad.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 AM

Unfortunately, there are no plans for that in the near future. It would be nice to run it up to Conroe, but it currently goes to the Harris country border. Montgomery county would have to take up that venture.

https://www.hctra.org/about_construction/

Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, there are no plans for that in the near future. It would be nice to run it up to Conroe.

https://www.hctra.org/about_construction/
Montgomery County would have to do it.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 AM

Montgomery County looks at toll roads, including Tomball Tollway - Your Houston News: News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston