Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 12:30 PM

9 posts, read 23,260 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in Canyon Gate @ Park lakes (hwy 59 and beltway 8) and thinking about joining a golf club/membership. I have looked into the below however just wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions or personnel experience at these clubs. We are under 40 and have 2 kids (7 and 4) and my wife would like to join and have some social and sports/fitness activities if possible. My big thing is the golf.

Clubs of Kingwood. (young executive) $305.00 per month
Houston National Golf (junior) $199.00 per month

If you know of any other clubs or special offers then let me know.

Appreciate the help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 02:25 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,026,260 times
You're on the wrong side of town so I have nothing.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:34 PM

40 posts, read 119,256 times
Kingwood might be a good fit ... 4 courses offer lots of variety. Fitness center is nice and the kids will love the swim options.

If your open to the drive to Houston National , you should check out Cannongate. That will give you access in Woodlands , Magnolia , and a couple in League City.

Don't forget about Walden on Lake Houston , the whole family should be happy there and it's going to be your closest option
( assuming you've already ruled out Redstone )

Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Kingwood is a great golf value. Good solid courses and so many courses each with a different look. Marsh is tight and looks like La bayou country, Forest is a great solid first class course, Lake is just that scenic with lakes views and a good hard golf course from the back tees. Also being a CCA club it gives you access to other CCA clubs in other cities and there a ton of them.

Champions is a great course on NW side but hard to get into unless you are a low handicap golfer. Raveaux has two courses but I havent played it in a few years.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 AM

We are going to check out kingwood clubs to see what they offer. I checked into Redstone and the initial member fee is WAY to high for us to afford. I am going to enroll my daughter into the first tee program which is at redstone however.

I lived in Atascocita for awhile and I dont really like Walden as it has gone down the last 10 years imo. Havent played the course but to me the amenities are kinda old.

What about redwolf golf in huffman? Any opinions on that course?

Also another option I am looking into to just improve my golf development is joining tour 18 player club. For 40 a month unlimited range and discount on green fees. etc..

Old 09-05-2012, 12:53 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
I like the course at Tour 18 and always enjoy playing it. I dont recall much about other facilities such as you want for wife etc. It wasnt too crowded last time I played which is a few years back. Sounds like demand might be low demand depending on how much discount offered on green fees.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM

well I called tour 18 and their member program is 40.00 a month (to add spouse its 20 more) and you get unlimited range balls. In September, you can play after 3:30pm for $17.95 and after 4:30 pm for $11.95 (Monday-Thursday). You can play after 4:00pm for $17.95 and after 5:00pm for $11.95 (Friday-Sunday).

So basically you are paying for the cart fees if you are a member and play in the afternoon. Plus they have certain tee times online that members can play at the above discount rates during the morning. Oh and you get two free beers each time you play...... Not bad.

After checking I think I am just going to do this program for now. The wifey and kids have the community pool and gym at Park Lakes that they can attend to (even though I wanted a more social place) but looking at drive time to get there it just doesnt make sense imo.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM

I love my Par 3 9 hole course. 85 gets me unlimited range balls, putting green, chip practice and unlimited play with no cart fees. I would gladly pay 300 for a real course if they didn't nickel and dime you for a golf cart which is usually way to much when you're already paying a premium to just use the course.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
I love my Par 3 9 hole course. 85 gets me unlimited range balls, putting green, chip practice and unlimited play with no cart fees. I would gladly pay 300 for a real course if they didn't nickel and dime you for a golf cart which is usually way to much when you're already paying a premium to just use the course.
Where do you play for 85?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflores2323 View Post
Where do you play for 85?

Green Caye Golf Course | Green Caye Golf Course

This is a monthly fee of 85 to play whenever and what ever I want with no other fees. Golf cart is included. But it's only Par 3s which gets old but it's great practice. Longest hole is #9 at 212 yards.

Even if you don't have a membership it's still only $9 to hit unlimited range balls and they have a roof over about 20 spots. And they close at 10pm and have lights on all the holes and driving range. Down the road is a 18 hole golf course which also has night golf and it's fairly cheap for how good the course is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston