Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:45 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,159,143 times

Advertisements

It's that time of the year agian Houston Restaurant Weeks. You get to eat at nice restaurant and help a good cause.

Welcome to Houston Restaurant Weeks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 12:02 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,280,429 times
We went to Cullen's last year for Restaurant Weeks. Best restaurant on the SE side of town.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:26 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,367,609 times
Gonna check out Shade tonight with some friends. Artisans looks to have an amazing menu selection, but they are booked for the weekend

Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
We went to Cullen's last year for Restaurant Weeks. Best restaurant on the SE side of town.
What kind of food is it at Cullens? I want to try out some new Restaurants.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:34 PM

122 posts, read 222,586 times
So far this year I've done Triniti (dinner), Mo's (dinner) and Philippe (lunch). Triniti was good with an amazing atmosphere, Mo's has been the best so far, Philippe was average but a really cool place. If it is amosphere that you are going for, Triniti or Philippe, for food, Mo's. All three places had great service.

Any suggestions for other places?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:19 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,280,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
What kind of food is it at Cullens? I want to try out some new Restaurants.
To me it's kind of like regular steak, shrimp, nice food kind of place. But they have a chef that has served at some high end restaurants in bigger name cities than Houston, so the food is really dressed up and paired nicely. Even their salads are always full of all kinds of goodies like unusual cheeses and nuts. We got a few Cullens Groupons in the past, and my favorite thing is a seared chicken, wrapped in prusciotto (spelling?), stuffed with goat cheese, and served on cooked spinach and grits. I would commit crimes for that. They have a glass wall on the kitchen so you can watch the assembly line of cooks and servers. What I liked was that on 2 different visits my gf asked our waiter about food ingredients and preparation, and they either knew it or found out for us, and also would kind of narrate what the cooks were doing in the kitchen (we would ask to sit close to the kitchen to watch). I just thought that was cool how proud the waiters were of their restaurant. They could have been lying, but I remember for one of our desserts, the waiter said they imported the cocoa from Africa and he described how everything was made in house and never frozen. Just little things like that were cool. I am thinking about Cullens as I am finishing off yesterdays left over pizza hut.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshoota View Post
So far this year I've done Triniti (dinner), Mo's (dinner) and Philippe (lunch). Triniti was good with an amazing atmosphere, Mo's has been the best so far, Philippe was average but a really cool place. If it is amosphere that you are going for, Triniti or Philippe, for food, Mo's. All three places had great service.

Any suggestions for other places?

Thanks for the tip.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:04 PM

4 posts, read 9,873 times
My husband and I had dinner at RDG during Houston Restaurant Weeks last year. We have never been disappointed with their food, but they seem to go even more above and beyond when creating their Restaurant Weeks menu. Unlike most restaurants participating, they offer a 4 course meal, and each course is excellent! We are definitely planning to eat there again for Restaurant Weeks this month.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:22 PM

I tried brassire 19 Saturday, it was pretty good. I would advise you get there early that place gets packed quick and it's small.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:53 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,058,987 times
Last year went to Haven, Feast, and Kata Robata

This year so far only have reservations at Max's Wine Dive because their bests are on the HRW menu. Probably will do TQLA maybe Coppa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston