Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:12 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,680,186 times

Advertisements

With the current gaggle of clowns the GOP has in the run, Obama is almost guaranteed re-election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,577,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Well with that endorsement, Newt ought to drop out next.
Yeah, way to go tstone.

You jinxed it!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:28 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,577,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
With the current gaggle of clowns the GOP has in the run, Obama is almost guaranteed re-election.
You are from Colorado. For most Americans, your statement makes perfect sense.

Keep in mind, this is Texas. Co-workers, relatives etc. laughed at me and called me names when I said Perry would come back to Texas with his tail between his legs. I had no idea what I was talking about. After all, I'm just a dumb yankee.

I would gather there are still many Texans who believe the whole "even a lamp post would beat Obama" mantra.

Always remember, they voted for Perry.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:08 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,056,601 times
"I think my 6 year old daughter is a libertarian..."
"How do you know that?"
"Well, I just assume because she doesn't know how the world works."

Still surprises me when I see a few adults who seem to be educated fall towards Ron Paul.

The GOP threw this race away. It was a strategy all along. They knew they wouldn't have the numbers to beat Obama so the RNC sat aside to prepare for the next cycle while letting the candidates use the platform for their book deals, tv shows, and friends who like getting campaign funds. Glad to see Perry actually pulled out and not just suspended his campaign like someone else did. At least now he can't legally keep fundraising.

Unfortunately, that means he's returned to Texas

Old 01-22-2012, 12:29 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,445,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
"I think my 6 year old daughter is a libertarian..."
"How do you know that?"
"Well, I just assume because she doesn't know how the world works."

Still surprises me when I see a few adults who seem to be educated fall towards Ron Paul.

The GOP threw this race away. It was a strategy all along. They knew they wouldn't have the numbers to beat Obama so the RNC sat aside to prepare for the next cycle while letting the candidates use the platform for their book deals, tv shows, and friends who like getting campaign funds. Glad to see Perry actually pulled out and not just suspended his campaign like someone else did. At least now he can't legally keep fundraising.

Unfortunately, that means he's returned to Texas
This is your opinion but I think the libertarians positions make the most sense.

1. End foreign military interventions (and cut military spending while doing it)
2. Cut Taxes
3. End "Drug War". (.e. legalize pot at the very least, Id say legalize all)
4. Cut government spending.

"Minimize government, Maximize freedom"

Old 01-22-2012, 12:40 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,988,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350days View Post
No republican wants this job of trying to solve real problems really. Someone has to run though. They love the publicity. If they were serious they would give the public a definitive plan on how to work toward solving issues instead talking about black people trying to take "our money" through welfare checks. This is an insult to everybody that these politicians believe that most people in this country are bigots and don't care about real issues. I seriously believe if you don't have as much money as them you are not worth anything regardless of, who you are but they will distract people with their own prejudices to avoid dealing with the real issues. It is a game folks.
Not a one of them has addressed the outsourcing of jobs. Our tax money is paying for companies to receive federal money to finance a call center in another country. Half a million jobs are loss yet they only want to focus on the illegal immigrant jumping over the fence to steal a job from an American making less than minimal wage that an American will not accept even if it were minimum wage.
I would have thought that Kay Bailey Hutchison would have been a more conscientious Repub. governor that Goodhair. Goodhair was Ag Commissioner when I was first aware of his political career during my years in Texas and I assumed he wouldn't rise beyond that. I'm a Democrat and couldn't abide the man, but I could always find some sympathy for Kay Bailey Hutchision (would have still voted Democratic, of course). Why would one have thought she wouldn't have put more sincere effort into solving Texas' problems than RicktheDick?

Old 01-22-2012, 12:52 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,060,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
You're funny!

I think most reasonable people know Romney at least could do a much better job with regard to the economy than what we have right now would even be able to understand. BO is inexperienced and obviously unqualified in that.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:57 PM

300 posts, read 758,485 times
All the irrelevant libs on this forum can be happy that Perry has failed; now, they can be happy they will NEVER have a Dem governor in the state, because very few Texans like their left-wing nutbag politics--except for on C-D.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:58 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,056,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
This is your opinion but I think the libertarians positions make the most sense.

1. End foreign military interventions (and cut military spending while doing it)
2. Cut Taxes
3. End "Drug War". (.e. legalize pot at the very least, Id say legalize all)
4. Cut government spending.

"Minimize government, Maximize freedom"
and my point being how is all of that actually accomplished? what would be the drastic ramifications of this plan? minimize government, maximize freedom is a cliche slogan that has no meaning behind it

Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,680,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
You're funny!

I think most reasonable people know Romney at least could do a much better job with regard to the economy than what we have right now would even be able to understand. BO is inexperienced and obviously unqualified in that.
He's not as inexperienced as he was 4 years ago, and he's got more experience in the Oval Office than any of these guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston