Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 PM

2,020 posts, read 3,527,858 times

Advertisements

Yeah my U-verse bill is like $225 but it's so worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 01:05 AM

13 posts, read 49,654 times
To be honest I am a Comcast owner but really hate the cost of just having Internet and cable and still pay $115 month. It really depends if you like cable more than streaming on netflix or netflix more than cable. It all depends on your personality to be honest. Me my reason why I still have cable and internet with comcast is I once went 1 week without just 1 week and I went nuts like I felt like a crackhead who just withdraw from the drug and it hurt really bad lol emotionally because I missed surfing the web, social network and online gaming and cable I missed watching the History channel, Sports and epically my new favorite show The Walking Dead. Internet is addicting I dare you try to go without Internet and Cable for a month if your excessive user lol.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:48 AM

9 posts, read 13,036 times
How can you use netflix if you dont have wifi?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,453,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelori View Post
How can you use netflix if you dont have wifi?
Wired connection via Ethernet cable to modem/switch

Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,968,005 times
It really depends on what your tv watching priorities are. If you have an XBOX (like me), you also have to pay for XBOX Live. I didn't like HULU+ at all. I like Netflix a lot better. If I had to choose, I would go with Netflix.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,056,153 times
Hulu and Netflix over here through the PS3, tv apps, and Roku. Comes out to about 17 a month. We don't watch enough tv to want cable. Plus the few shows that we do want to watch we can purchase through Amazon through its season pass. Like Walking Dead!!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:47 PM

87 posts, read 174,935 times
i've been stuck in a relatives place for going on 2 months and all they have is clear internet and netflix and it sucks so bad. I miss my comcast and my sports. Netflix is really crappy imo. Its good for kids shows but I have a hard time trying to find something to watch. It feels like a bunch of low budget movies or they are all really old. If you like steven segull(sp?) then you will like netflix. Having to press play after every episode of supernatural gets annoying and with this crappy clear internet we don't get any better than low quality/sd streams at sub megabit speeds. I can't wait to close on my damn house

Old 05-09-2012, 05:21 PM

286 posts, read 739,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Love View Post
Hulu and Netflix over here through the PS3, tv apps, and Roku. Comes out to about 17 a month. We don't watch enough tv to want cable. Plus the few shows that we do want to watch we can purchase through Amazon through its season pass. Like Walking Dead!!
This is us too, sans Hulu. Roku set us back about $70, Netflix is $7.99 a month and we get local stations with rabbit ears. If we want something on cable, it's about $21 to $22 to get a season pass on Amazon and since those shows are few and far between, our bill for television is under $120/year. Anything we miss on the network, we can get online after the fact.

We didn't get Hulu+ because when we looked into it, it didn't have CBS shows and those were our favorite.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,220,277 times
Everybody keeps talking about how great netflix is. It used to be pretty good when you could get the DVD's mailed to your house for a decent price. Since they doubled the price of that service, I was stuck just using netflix streaming.

Netflix streaming is not very good. I would look at it a few times a week, and could never find anything of interest to watch. A bunch of B movies, and cartoons. Some of the documentary movies were interesting to watch, but I didn't find anything else of interest.

I cancelled nextflix streaming a year ago, then started it up a year later to see if anything else had changed. I swear there was pretty much nothing new, it was the same content.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 PM
NTT

723 posts, read 1,834,496 times
Have you tried OTA TV channels? In Houston, we can pick up about 75 OTA channels with a roof or rabbit ears antenna. About half of these are foreigns but the rest have plenty to watch all day long. Not only that, you'll get true high definition pictures with OTA antennas.

As for internet, the current special for high speed DSL is 14.95/mth (12-mth contract) + basic home phone service. For home phone, AT&T has a Measured Rate at a cost of $20/mth. with a max of 25 outcalls. TX AT&T Measured Rate Service

I was forced to cut back when I had to go on disability income. The above services is what I've been having for the past 2 years. I don't miss cable nor satellite network services. I'm not much into sports so these services work for me quite well. I love having a little extras for myself and I don't feel burden when the bills arrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: