Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:24 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,923,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_haze View Post
The Houston area will have temps flirting with the 90 degree mark this weekend it will be very muggy. Is this a prelude to summer?
The temps were drop back again to early 80's to mid May or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 02:11 AM

52 posts, read 174,517 times
I love the heat actually the humidity does wonders for your complexion and id much rather live somewhere that I can enjoy an outdoors lifestyle the majority of the year than freeze. I came down last year at the end of July it was 98 degrees with 50 humidity and I loved it shorts and a cool drink and its heaven.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:13 AM

Yea the temps will dip into the lower 80s till may then probably hit the 90s around mid may.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,392 times
Ive lived in the Houston area most of my life and have lived in Chicago for 6 years.. I will take hot humid weather over 8 months of winter ANYDAY.. Im moving back in 2 months. If I have to spend another winter in Chicago I will put a bullet in my head.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Lol@ Rick people in Houston don't know how good they have it we have 8 months of winter here in Ohio too. Even on the coolest of winter days Houston will still get to about 60 during the daytime dipping to 40 very rarely 30 at night and is one of the warmest places to be outside of Florida or Hawaii.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:12 PM

23,052 posts, read 34,591,160 times
Quote:
I love the heat actually the humidity does wonders for your complexion and id much rather live somewhere that I can enjoy an outdoors lifestyle the majority of the year than freeze. I came down last year at the end of July it was 98 degrees with 50 humidity and I loved it shorts and a cool drink and its heaven.
Oh I wish I could say that! I can't stand to be outside in the heat and humidity.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:13 PM

23,052 posts, read 34,591,160 times
Quote:
Lol@ Rick people in Houston don't know how good they have it we have 8 months of winter here in Ohio too. Even on the coolest of winter days Houston will still get to about 60 during the daytime dipping to 40 very rarely 30 at night and is one of the warmest places to be outside of Florida or Hawaii.
I would rather have the 8 months of winter.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:55 AM

8,899 posts, read 20,143,933 times
Texas Heat - "Bring it on Baby" I'm a native Houstonian and I absolutely LOVE our Texas heat!!!! Of course, that has given me an extremely low tolerance for cold weather.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,709,809 times
I've never lived in a humid subtropical climate before but I have made a few visits to those kinds of places in the summer. When it gets hot and humid, you have to walk VERY slowly and not be in a rush if you can do that. Even then, you will still sweat. That's the first thing I would suggest. And then, this next thing is REALLY important: drink plenty of water!! In a humid climate because you are sweating, you will lose fluids faster than in a dry climate so hydration is the key. And wear light colored clothing so the heat reflects off it instead of getting sucked in.
I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice if we could bring some of that humidity down here to Los Angeles. The dry air out here makes your skin look like leather. But I do know that with humidity, it means that I would sweat much more. No place is perfect. I don't mind the heat as long as it is at the right time of year: that means late May-September or the beginning of June through September.

I wouldn't recommend running or jogging outside in this kind of heat either.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 AM

@ I love mountains. If you like the cold so much you need to move to northern Ohio. And yes Houston has a very humid and tropical climate that's similar to new Orleans and Orlando beautiful winter tome weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston