Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 AM

594 posts, read 1,251,476 times

Advertisements

By the way, LSC-CyFair on Barker-Cypress has MATH 2320 offered in Summer starting June 6 for 6 weeks 8:00am-10:00pm. That would be a much easier commute for you.

Summer 2011 Credit Schedule page 63

If you are set on HCC-SE, I'd take the toll as far as I could but I can't stand sitting in traffic and hate being late.

Last edited by Seoid; 04-05-2011 at 07:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 PM

80 posts, read 293,373 times
Thanks Seoid, I really appreciate you taking the time to look that up for me!

However, the professor who is teaching at cy fair got poor reviews and I am not a strong enough student to succeed with a bad teacher.

Do you guys think it would have less traffic if I left at 6 instead of 7?

Old 04-05-2011, 01:25 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,919,787 times
1. Oildog is spot-on with his times.

2. During the summer, at 6:00 am, you will hit very little traffic. Posted speeds or AYOR/Whatever.

3. Of the choices you gave, Take This Route. Be aware, though: you run extreme risk of wrecks/construction/traffic 24/7.

4. I live near Briar Forest and the Beltway. It takes me 45 minutes on the nose to get to Hobby Airport going all the way around the Beltway at the posted speeds, then up Telephone. That's the way I ALWAYS go, because there's very little traffic (mostly) and accidents/tie ups are rare.

The poster who advised you to go that route and up Telephone gave you some good advice.

Whatever you do, if you have a smartphone, go to Houston Transtar's website and download their app. You can see a real-time traffic map on your phone, thereby allowing you to alter your route if there's trouble ahead.

Good luck!

Old 04-05-2011, 03:25 PM

You're welcome... it's really not hard to find. There are actually 2 sections being offered, one without a professor assigned yet.

You should really not say it's not offered elsewhere when it is your decision to take it at this remote location. I was just trying to save you some gas money, wear on your car and stress.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoid View Post
You're welcome... it's really not hard to find. There are actually 2 sections being offered, one without a professor assigned yet.

You should really not say it's not offered elsewhere when it is your decision to take it at this remote location. I was just trying to save you some gas money, wear on your car and stress.
The teacher for the class you showed me has like 40% drop rates in all his classes, and also that location is still 25 minutes from my house so it's not like I would be just driving up the block for school.

Quote:
4. I live near Briar Forest and the Beltway. It takes me 45 minutes on the nose to get to Hobby Airport going all the way around the Beltway at the posted speeds, then up Telephone. That's the way I ALWAYS go, because there's very little traffic (mostly) and accidents/tie ups are rare.

The poster who advised you to go that route and up Telephone gave you some good advice.

So take the beltway to telephone? That seems so much longer!

Last edited by onthefly; 04-06-2011 at 11:57 AM..

Old 04-06-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefly View Post
The teacher for the class you showed me has like 40% drop rates in all his classes, and also that location is still 25 minutes from my house so it's not like I would be just driving up the block for school.
Yeah, I can tell you right now I have access to more information and that is not at all true about a drop rate. That's not even his failure rate.

Good luck with your drive

Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I can tell you right now I have access to more information and that is not at all true about a drop rate. That's not even his failure rate.

Good luck with your drive
Professor Grisham, Jack | Courses at LSC | Lone Star College | MyEdu

Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 PM

A 3rd party website that doesn't even list the source for data and only provides %s.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
A 3rd party website that doesn't even list the source for data and only provides %s.
ya nvm that fraud of a website probably has an agenda against Professor Grisham so can you post the real data?

Old 04-07-2011, 02:04 PM

Cracker Barrel Old Country Str to 3200 College Park Dr, Conroe, TX 77384 - Google Maps

This campus of Lone Star College is also offering the course, how much longer do you think it would take to get there versus HCCSE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston