Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM

13 posts, read 57,823 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We need some advice on buying home first time. Can someone suggest good indian community area near houston? I have heard of Cinco Ranch, Silver Meadows, Sugar land and Katy or any other which I am not aware of.

We are fairly looking for brand new home with range upto ~ 300k and good school district as our son soon start school. My hubby has to take bus to downtown so perhaps something near to park and ride.

I believe Sugar Land has huge indian community but the houses are kind of old and not in our range.

Any advise, please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 03:20 PM

295 posts, read 1,169,024 times
why would a black person want to live in an indian community?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 PM

258 posts, read 954,402 times
Please refer to https://www.city-data.com/forum/houst...a-houston.html

p.s: look into champions forest area.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2bPinoy View Post
why would a black person want to live in an indian community?
Ha Ha Ha,

It is my fish (black) not me..

Pls reply only if you some good suggestions..

Thx!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaze View Post
Please refer to https://www.city-data.com/forum/houst...a-houston.html

p.s: look into champions forest area.
Hi,

Hmmm...moving from india to houston has more abt apartments...

we are looking for single family home..

i will check champions forest area.

Thx!

Old 01-13-2011, 02:09 PM

614 posts, read 1,237,269 times
Don't know what you're talking about but with a $300k budget, there are definitely nice, newer houses in Sugar land for that range. You might want to look again. Now if you're looking on Palm Royale or in Commonwealth, then no.

I believe with your budget range, at least 1/2 if not more of Sugar land falls there.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:41 PM

68 posts, read 191,085 times
Telfair has a high percentage of Asian and Indian American residents. Several of my friends work for home builders there. I have never researched it, so I am not sure exactly of the price point however. I know Perry Homes, Beazer and many others build there.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 PM

234 posts, read 681,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfish181 View Post
Hi,

We need some advice on buying home first time. Can someone suggest good indian community area near houston? I have heard of Cinco Ranch, Silver Meadows, Sugar land and Katy or any other which I am not aware of.

We are fairly looking for brand new home with range upto ~ 300k and good school district as our son soon start school. My hubby has to take bus to downtown so perhaps something near to park and ride.

I believe Sugar Land has huge indian community but the houses are kind of old and not in our range.

Any advise, please help.
Look on HAR.Com in 77478 and 77479 zip codes, plenty of homes in the 250-300k range - agreed - most of them arent new. Now, for new - look at Riverstone in Missouri City - SW Houston is as dense as it gets for South Asians ... .Cinco is getting populated with Indians as well. Repeat from my other posts... Houston is getting very diverse so there are always people from different cultures around. Came across this neighborhood in Stafford - Colony Lakes Estates - zoned to FBISD Schools (Dulles etc) - possibly 95% Indian judging by the BAPS temple and the South Indian church there. This neighborhood was built in 2004-2007 range.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:54 PM

23,970 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Champions Forest , section 12. It is south of Cypress Creek. Most of the houses have been built within the last 10 years. There are still a few vacant lots. From the moms I see at the school bus stop and going to the mail boxes you will feel at home there. You can get to the Kuykendahl park and ride in about 15 minutes, depending on time of day.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfish181 View Post
Hi,

Any advise, please help.
Why not look for an area that has a good school district as the top priority for your son?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston