Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:30 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfish181 View Post
We started our search with Katy, we also noticed that Telfair is more expensive than Cinco Ranch.
Can someone highlight on Property Taxes? how does it vary from Cinco Ranch, Telfair to Sugar land?
I read in other thread about Green Trails- close to I-10 and 90 (not brand new homes) but nice one...what do you all have to say about that?

Thanks!
I had answered above on Green Trails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 02:02 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Telfair is a lot expensive then Cinco Ranch.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 AM

208 posts, read 552,387 times
Quote:
Hi,

We need some advice on buying home first time. Can someone suggest good indian community area near houston? I have heard of Cinco Ranch, Silver Meadows, Sugar land and Katy or any other which I am not aware of.

We are fairly looking for brand new home with range upto ~ 300k and good school district as our son soon start school. My hubby has to take bus to downtown so perhaps something near to park and ride.

I believe Sugar Land has huge indian community but the houses are kind of old and not in our range.

Any advise, please help.
If you are looking for a good school district, it is difficult for someone to provide that information other than mentioning TAKS scores. TAKS scores is not a good indication of how a school is doing in Texas because teachers are teaching students how to pass the test. You really need to do the research on your own.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:58 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Ha Ha Ha,

It is my fish (black) not me..

Pls reply only if you some good suggestions..

Thx!
But asking for an Indian community, doesn't that make you a racist?

What if a white person was to come on here and ask for a white community?

Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
But asking for an Indian community, doesn't that make you a racist?

What if a white person was to come on here and ask for a white community?

They have, and it never goes well for them.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
They have, and it never goes well for them.
I think I am asking a fair question,,,, wonder how long before it gets deleted? But I know I was putting my butt on the line by asking!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:29 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,125,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I think I am asking a fair question,,,, wonder how long before it gets deleted? But I know I was putting my butt on the line by asking!!!
They get deleted when the posts start going in this direction.

The bottom line is that unless any OP states exactly WHY they want to live in a mostly [insert ethnicity here] community, we don't really know their reasons. There could be tons and it doesn't make a person a racist.

One of the reasons I didn't like The Woodlands was because it was too far to the closest Asian market and good Asian restaurants. Does that make me a racist? NO.

On the flip side, I've stated before that I wouldn't want to live in a community that was all one ethnicity (particularly mine!) and I was called a "self-hater". Far from it but those 2 people made an assumption about me based on a few lines on a message board.

I'm sure the people who post these questions are mortified that people are labeling them as racists when in reality they are looking for a neighborhood where they can live comfortably and not have to drive 45 minutes to find ingredients or proper preparation (Kosher) for the foods they eat, a temple to worship at, etc...

I'm willing to bet that if any of us moved to a foreign country, many (not all) would want to know where most of the Americans chose to live and go from there. No difference here, imo.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM

13 posts, read 57,839 times
Hello,

Please don't take my post into wrong direction. My intention was nothing like you guys are discussing. The only and main reason I am asking for particular community is because we belong to this community and want our children to stay/grow and keep our culture live while admiring other cultures and values.
I would really appreciate if you don't take my post into wrong direction and answer only to original question if you any answers.

Thanks!

Last edited by HoustonRani77; 01-26-2011 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: for all

Old 01-26-2011, 09:49 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Look at Sugar Land. Huge Indian community there.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times
Quote:
Hello,

Please don't take my post into wrong direction. My intention was nothing like you guys are discussing. The only and main reason I am asking for particular community is because we belong to this community and want our children to stay/grow and keep our culture live while admiring other cultures and values.
I would really appreciate if you don't take my post into wrong direction and answer only to original question if you any answers.

Thanks!
Sugar Land, TX (southwest suburb of Houston) or Katy, TX (western suburb of Houston) both meet your requirements.

Both are extremely diverse, and you'll find multicultural offerings in them both. They're both relatively very safe, and you have everything you could want (including ethnic grocery stores & restaurants) all right there within a 5 minute drive.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston