Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:05 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,903,344 times

Advertisements

The Woodlands keeps growing, but they continue to adjust the roads as well. Widening of Woodlands Pkwy, 242, Research; extending Research to Magnolia, extending Kuykendaul to 242, 242 flyover on 45. Grand Parkway will be accesible from Gosling, Glosling will we widened, etc. It is crowded because alot of people want to be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:12 AM

270 posts, read 478,548 times
Hey....we. can all agree to disagree,but I will say the traffic here can be bad...on 45. I don't live along or near 45. For me I use the Hardy tollroad. I exit the there and for the times that I am commuting to and from IAH ( they vary ) When I exit off onto 45, I'm at Lake Woodlands or Research within 5 minutes and from 45 inward within 15.

That is my commute. If you're talking about traveling on 45 north and south....I agree. The traffic is horrendous. But since 1960 goes east west I am thinking most here are talking about the roads that run east west through TW proper, which is what I was comparing to 1960.

If so....absolutely 1960 can be worse east west. That's my opinion. The bottlenecks at certain intersections can be worse IMO.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:19 AM

270 posts, read 478,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
The Woodlands keeps growing, but they continue to adjust the roads as well. Widening of Woodlands Pkwy, 242, Research; extending Research to Magnolia, extending Kuykendaul to 242, 242 flyover on 45. Grand Parkway will be accesible from Gosling, Glosling will we widened, etc. It is crowded because alot of people want to be there.
I think this is indicative of the Houston metro area as a whole. It's been continual growth since I have been here. As a whole...Houston traffic is very congested to me. Some areas are just not as bad as others. But this is what expect with a city so large in area along with explosive growth.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:54 AM

23,994 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Houston has been a large area with explosive growth, somewhere, since the early 1970's.

One would think by now they would have a plan other than let the people come, and then we will build the roads.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,006 times
Want to kick this thread back up... My wife and I moved to Houston from San Diego (for work). We lived near Memorial Mall area for a year while researching for places to live. It was quite difficult to "discover" Champion Forest but when we did we purchased a home in this neighborhood after almost moving to The Woodlands. The community here has it all... We have many well educated neighbors, veterans, both young and old professionals and retirees. We could not be more satisfied with choosing Champion Forest. The Raveneaux is a wonderful country club and the driving range, swimming pool, tennis courts, and gym are all within walking distance of the neighborhood. This neighborhood is difficult to get into however, as most homeowners (including us) purchased homes for the long run. I told my wife the other day that this place is so great that our neighbors recently sold their home and upgraded to a home across the street! lol... The Woodlands has a great scene and great people as well but in this neighborhood there is an overwhelming positive feeling that we get when walking, running, or just driving through the neighborhood. That and it also reminds us of the close knit community feeling of Coronado Island in San Diego .

Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Implantz View Post
Want to kick this thread back up... My wife and I moved to Houston from San Diego (for work). We lived near Memorial Mall area for a year while researching for places to live. It was quite difficult to "discover" Champion Forest but when we did we purchased a home in this neighborhood after almost moving to The Woodlands. The community here has it all... We have many well educated neighbors, veterans, both young and old professionals and retirees. We could not be more satisfied with choosing Champion Forest. The Raveneaux is a wonderful country club and the driving range, swimming pool, tennis courts, and gym are all within walking distance of the neighborhood. This neighborhood is difficult to get into however, as most homeowners (including us) purchased homes for the long run. I told my wife the other day that this place is so great that our neighbors recently sold their home and upgraded to a home across the street! lol... The Woodlands has a great scene and great people as well but in this neighborhood there is an overwhelming positive feeling that we get when walking, running, or just driving through the neighborhood. That and it also reminds us of the close knit community feeling of Coronado Island in San Diego .

My husband and I just purchased a home in Champion Forest for the same reason. (Also, we love the architectural styles of the homes in the neighborhood.) We moved to TX last year (from the Bay Area) and knew very little about the Houston area at the beginning of our home search. Like you and your wife, we focused our search in The Woodlands and Champion Forest.

As we looked in CF, residents were out gardening or walking. When we were viewing homes with our three children, we were approached a couple of times by potential neighbors who wanted to let us know that Champion Forest is a great neighborhood. As we were looking in TW, any potential neighbors we encountered were standoff-ish- they would watch us enter and exit the home and stare while we talked to our realtor outside of the house to recap pros/cons. But no one ever came over to talk.

We are very happy with our choice and are looking forward to moving in next week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston