Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 08:37 PM

166 posts, read 828,457 times

Advertisements

but I have to ask. We have a seat in our shower stall, and we have been keeping pur shampoo/shower gel stuff on it. But after taking a shower, the whole seat is wet, and the bottles are sitting on the wet surface...I know scum will start forming soon. How do you have your stuff set up? Do you have an organizer? What products do you use to keep your shower clean?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-12-2009 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 10:14 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,687,320 times
I have one bottle of Dr Bronners Classic Peppermint Liquid Soap in the shower. That is all. It sits on a little ledge on top of the shower stall itself. Sitting alongside it is a bottle of Method Daily Shower Spray. I spray it on the shower stall after I shut off the water, but before I get out of the shower.

That is all I use for myself, and all I use to keep my shower clean.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:14 AM

165 posts, read 1,285,494 times
Because we have a glass shower door, we keep a squeegee in there. After a shower, I first run the squeegee over the seat (there's an amazing amount of water on it) then across the door. It's been a little over six months and so far no problems, the (granite) seat surface and surrounding grout line has stayed clean.
We have a little niche in the shower wall that we keep the soaps/bottles in. When we did not have a niche, we used a shower organizer that slipped over the neck of the shower head.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:13 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
I would never install a seat in the shower. I'd never sit on a seat in a shower that already has a seat.

How to organize shampoo and stuff? You don't use all the stuff! Toss it out!

One shampoo, one conditioner, one shaving cream, one razor, one soap is all you need.

That's just four things. Anything else is just wasting space and collecting scum and mold.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:18 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I have one bottle of Dr Bronners Classic Peppermint Liquid Soap in the shower. That is all. It sits on a little ledge on top of the shower stall itself. Sitting alongside it is a bottle of Method Daily Shower Spray. I spray it on the shower stall after I shut off the water, but before I get out of the shower.
How does it work for your hair? What's your hair type? Normally dry or oily?

I'd love to try it, but I don't want to use it on my hair if it makes it too dry or too oily.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:57 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,650,631 times
we have a seat in our shower and love it. In fact, I am not feeling well today and sitting on the seat letting the hot water come down on me felt great. I don't have any issues with scum by the shampoo bottles.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
We have a tile seat built into our shower. It is wonderful for women to use for shaving and for me when i am sick and I want to sit and just let the water splash on me. We have another shelf built in to hold shampoo and soaps but because our shower is so nice, all of the kids shower in our bathroom whenever they can. THus we have too much soaps, shampoos etc, so some of it ends up on the bench. OUr solutions is to just spray the seat off with the handheld thingy at the end of each shower. It only takes a second and keeps the seat really clean. Any spilled shampoo or soap is washed away. After almost three years, the seat still looks like new.

Funny that some people will not sit on a shower seat used by other members of their family. Public toilets must be a huge problem.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 PM

577 posts, read 2,061,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I would never install a seat in the shower. I'd never sit on a seat in a shower that already has a seat.
My husband sits on the floor. I'm the one who cleans the shower and I'm not sure *I* would sit on the floor.

I would like a seat in our shower but I can see how it could collect puddles of water if it isn't angled enough (or otherwise). I never thought about NOT sitting where someone else in my family sat in the shower because theoretically it's the cleanest place their body would be. But I definitely would keep a seat clean of mold and mildew if I were going to be sitting on it.

I think a squeegee and regular cleanings should make it fine. Maybe put the bottles and things on a rack hanging up so you don't have extra dampness hiding under the bottles.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:31 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
I have a "bench", it's not retractable. It's on a slight slant so water doesn't stand/sit there if you only use the shower head.

The bench is great because I have massage jets that specifically hit my shoulders and a steam shower. With a steam shower, you have to sit somewhere

I also have a squeegee in the shower for the door and for the bench if I have been using it for a steam shower.

I also have shelves on the opposite wall for soap, shampoo, etc...

Old 12-14-2009, 04:37 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,201 times
I thought this was going to be a sex thread. What a downer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House